Creating a savings account in Money Plus RRS feed

• Question

• I've got MS Money Premium Plus.  I want to create a savings account for my bank (I already have a checking account with them, and recently started a savings account).  The only problem is I was confused as to what MS Money wanted.  There were 2 possible choices I could have gone with, one was "Banking account" (I choose this one), but it reminds me too much of a checking account.  The other was "Investment account", but I took that to mean something like a mutual fund or something like that.  I wasn't sure which one to go with.

Which is the correct choice, please?

Rod
    Saturday, September 11, 2010 11:49 PM

Answers

• You want the bank account.

As you suspect, the investment account is for mutual fund and broker accounts.

Sunday, September 12, 2010 6:07 AM

All replies

• You want the bank account.

As you suspect, the investment account is for mutual fund and broker accounts.

Sunday, September 12, 2010 6:07 AM
  • OK, good.  Glad I choose that, then.  So next I have to enter the account number and stuff like that.  Is there anything else I have to do in MS Money to make sure it's treated as a savings account (as opposed to a checking account)?

Rod
    Monday, September 13, 2010 1:32 AM
  • You needn't enter anything. There is no internal difference in the accounts, only what Money calls it and which section of the account list Money shows in.
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:35 AM
  • Hello Doctor-Who , if you need any help or information regarding savings account  visit this savings account website , it's really helpful. Best of luck.

• Edited by Ebrar k Thursday, June 9, 2011 10:07 AM coding
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 10:02 AM