Error: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel from IIS WebServer RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting below error while displaying external image in SSRS. The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

After some time, I notice that if i simple execute the webrequest in window application, then also getting the same error. However if i open the link in browser, then it open without any error. here is the sample code -

try
      {
          Bitmap bitmap = null;
          string imageUrl = "https://xxxx.xxx.co.in/IMG_ImageProcessing.aspx?DocumentID=0&FileExtension=&ImageWidth=350&UseWatermark=0";
          using (WebClient client = new WebClient())
          {
              //It works if uncomment below line
              //ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Tls11;
              using (Stream stream = client.OpenRead(imageUrl))
              {
                  bitmap = new Bitmap(stream);
                  stream.Flush();
                  stream.Close();
              }
          }
      }
      catch (Exception ex)
      {
          Console.WriteLine(ex.Message);
      }

As i mention in the code comment that error get resolved if i uncomment the Tls11 line but i don't know how i can force SSRS server to use Tls11 so that it can display the images in reports.

Just for information, I tried lot of solution from google search but none of them is working. Look like i need to make some changes on IIS WebServer to fix this but don't know what to do. Please help. many thanks in advance.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 10:38 AM

Answers