WHS Mapped Network Drive Password RRS feed

• Question

• My dilemma - How can I have my vista laptop automatically connect to the mapped network drive on my WHS (custom build)? Everytime I start up my vista laptop and I try to connect to the mapped drive (\\server) (M:) it wants me to input username and password. I'd really like to either automatically log me in or disable the password altogether.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:42 PM

Answers

• Make sure the username and password on the client are the same as the ones on the server. When drive mapping, you can also choose a different user (and associated password) than who you're currently logged in as.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:10 PM
  • Are you using Vista Home Premium, Vista Business, or Vista Ultimate? If you're using Vista Home Premium, you'll have to either sync your user account and password on your laptop and server, or you'll have to type the information when you access a resource on your server as at present.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:54 PM

All replies

• Make sure the username and password on the client are the same as the ones on the server. When drive mapping, you can also choose a different user (and associated password) than who you're currently logged in as.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:10 PM
  • Are you using Vista Home Premium, Vista Business, or Vista Ultimate? If you're using Vista Home Premium, you'll have to either sync your user account and password on your laptop and server, or you'll have to type the information when you access a resource on your server as at present.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:54 PM