none
Question About Sora MIMO Hardware

Question

• Hi,

I'm surveying Sora to check if it can be used for our research. I know SORA is going to develop a new RAB that can connect up to 4 daughterboards.

I have some question about the new RAB :
    1. when the new RAB will be released? And how much is it?
    2. Can I turn off the antenna or turn it into sleep mode? (really turn off ?)
    3. Can I measure the energy consumption of the MIMO device by some power measurement tool HW?

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:40 AM

Answers

• Sora MIMO kits will be released in one or two months, price will be determined at that time.

The first version will not include power measurement tool, we may add this feature in later versions.

-Jiansong

Monday, December 3, 2012 6:07 AM

All replies

• Sora MIMO kits will be released in one or two months, price will be determined at that time.

The first version will not include power measurement tool, we may add this feature in later versions.

-Jiansong

Monday, December 3, 2012 6:07 AM
  • Hi Sora Team,

Do you know if the MIMO kits will be available as academic kits soon? We are surveying to see if we need to acquire a board for development in our labs. Will a new version of the software be released with the new kits?

Are there any new hardware requirements to support the new kits? (i.e. CPU, etc.)

Thanks,

Heming

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:41 PM
  • Sora SDK 2.0 is in progress, hopefully released in 2~3 months. MIMO will be included with a new version of four-radio hardware. Early information of the hardware can be acquired from Sora OEM vendor.

-Jiansong

Monday, March 18, 2013 3:12 AM