how to sync between a client & 2 database server when they have the same schema? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have two different database server . Database 1 only use to retrieve master data & send to the client . D atabase 2 is used to exchange transaction data between client & server .
    At the client , I just want to use a database to do this .

ex :
    Database 1 : Table A : Download only .
    Database 2 : Table B : Bi - directional .
    At the server, the data in 2 databases will be exchanged each other by another way( not use MSF).
    Client : is a table with the same schema with A and B.
    I think sync_new_receive_anchor can not identify min_valid_version from which server.

Could you please help me to do this?

Saturday, November 20, 2010 2:01 PM

All replies

• you mean you want to sync both table A and table B from your databases on the server to a single table on the client?

if the data on the 2 databases in the server are sync (outside Sync Fx), why dont you just sync on one of the databases?

if you're going to use the offline provider, then you're right you might run into problems with the last received anchor. the offlline provider is for hub-spoke scenario.

have you considered using SqlSyncProvider instead?

Monday, November 22, 2010 3:02 PM
  • Dear JuneT,

I'm doing this on Device by using offline provider. --> SqlSyncProvider doesn't support on device.
    We have 2 database server.
    Because my business don't allow to inserting or updating directly on database 1. We must get master data from Table A on database 1 to Device with status "Created".
    After processing, data with status "Pending" will be uploaded to table B on database 2.
    Then data will be updated with status "Approved" by another application on table B.
    Approved data will be downloaded back to Device from table B.
    We completed this data to "Completed" & send back to table B on database 2.

This solution has already applied & till progress, sometimes on device can't download data. I know this is a stupid solution, but I'm really not in a position to make a decision from beginning.

I want to change a little bit to this can work. Could you share to me some way?

Thanks & Regards,
    DanhPC
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:24 PM