System Restore RRS feed

• Question

•  I wish to perform a complete system restore, but when I click on systems tools to bring my system restore up , it tells me that my system restore has been turn off. when I click on the link to turn it back on it tells me that I am not an administrator. how do I get around this? I have a compaq hp computer with vista home premium.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:49 PM

Answers

• "boxteraj48" wrote in message news:eb7f1aea-dda7-40b3-be4b-e385df7abdbc...
     I wish to perform a complete system restore, but when I click on systems tools to bring my system restore up , it tells me that my system restore has been turn off. when I click on the link to turn it back on it tells me that I am not an administrator. how do I get around this? I have a compaq hp computer with vista home premium.

What do your mean by a 'complete system restore'?
    If you men returning your PC to the state it was in when you got it - that is NOT a System Restore, it's a System Recovery - and you need to read your manual as to how you can accomplish that, and the warnings that you need to be aware of first.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:10 PM

All replies

• "boxteraj48" wrote in message news:eb7f1aea-dda7-40b3-be4b-e385df7abdbc...
     I wish to perform a complete system restore, but when I click on systems tools to bring my system restore up , it tells me that my system restore has been turn off. when I click on the link to turn it back on it tells me that I am not an administrator. how do I get around this? I have a compaq hp computer with vista home premium.

What do your mean by a 'complete system restore'?
    If you men returning your PC to the state it was in when you got it - that is NOT a System Restore, it's a System Recovery - and you need to read your manual as to how you can accomplish that, and the warnings that you need to be aware of first.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:10 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, June 20, 2011 9:47 PM