Project Server 2010 - Web Interface - Many Users Edit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am using Project Server 2010. I created a Project Web Application site and provided access to all my users to edit, save and publish. If more one than user try to edit the project in Project Server 2010, we are getting a message...saying that...another user is logged in edit mode....Please let me know how to over come this one.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 7:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Suresh,

This is the way product is designed to work. Multiple user cant edit same project at a time to maintain consistency.

Whenever a user open a project plan from MS Project or PWA that project goes into checked- out(editable mode)state to that user.

Now that user is only able to edit this project until he checks-in the project.

Means no other user would be able to open the same project in editable mode, till the time project is checked-out to that user.

So to open that project in read-write(editable) modethen that user have to check-in the project while closing the project from MS-Project or PWA.

Else administrator can do "force check-in of the Project" from PWA server settings page.

Hope this may helps you.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 9:51 AM