none
Fake ID-Fake Questions-Fake Points. Requesting Immediate ban. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi !

I've noticed that account named shankar singh is being used for asking fake questions and it only marks replies from account named Roozan Bharucha.

If you go through Shankar Singh's activity, you'll get my point.

Just go through Mr. Roozan Bharucha's threads [Link]. Do you see those threads with stars ? His posts are being voted as helpful for ~20 times each.

I really don't care if Mr.Roozan Bharucha earns loads of points doing this whole day but when I'm giving my time to reply to these fake questions, that _is a serious issue. We came here to share what we know, learn from others and in a way help people, not to waste our times. We do have better things to do than writing something like this post. I've seen such things before on these forums. Some profiles that only vote posts helpful to particular poster but I ignored it as it never affected me directly. now its just worse.

Admins, Mods, Please look into this issue. Investigate a little bit more if needed and take required action asap.

Thanks

Social lounge for MSDN forum users :-)
    Living on Earth may be expensive, but did you know that it includes a free trip around the sun? Isn't that worth it?
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:44 AM

All replies

• Scroll to bottom of this image ->

Thanks

Living on Earth may be expensive, but did you know that it includes a free trip around the sun? Isn't that worth it?
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 5:27 AM
  • Hi,

I have already reported the issue to Microsoft Support Team.

Thanks

Shankar Kumar Singh

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 7:24 AM
  • I both are friends and they work at the same "learning company" (http://www.rajaryantechgroup.in/) and have registered at the same date at the forum (April 25, 2011).

For more info see:
    http://www.rajaryantechgroup.in/about
     As MC* they have too many questions... can you buy MC* in Mumbai?

Jochen Kalmbach (MVP VC++)
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 8:00 AM
  • I don't know, you have to have a certain amount of employees to be certified to get some kind of partner status, I guess that's also true in Mumbai. But fan-voting and hate-voting do not make sense to a random users who look up answers by searching. The correctness of an answer does not change no matter who answer the question.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 10:08 PM
  • I got your point Sheng. When I post my answers in such questions it doesn't matter if they're marked answered or not. When other users will read it they will figure out which posts help them anyway so my post wont be a waste.

but if they're going to post correct answer* irrespective of my post then it doesn't make sense to post my answer at all. I would rather spend those 10 minutes on different question.

[*obviously they post only those questions that they can answer]

They should host and start a blog. They can even add a profile field to their blog profiles and put whatever points they want :-p

Thanks

Sunday, May 8, 2011 7:27 AM
  • I saw one thread where three of Roozan Bharucha's posts where all proposed as answer by ... Roozan Bharucha and where all three of them had exactly 22 markings as helpful.  (Just look at the list of what Shankar Singh has done - it is mostly to mark posts as helpful)

I suspect that there are exactly 23 people working for that company ... (as you can't say your own post is helpful).

In addition Roozan Bharucha had the cheek to request that the OP mark his posts as answers in a later post clearly written just for that purpose.

I would start by getting rid of him as he is in no doubt the person who has asked his numerous (22) friends to vote his posts as helpful. (In "my" forums at least I've never seen anything go much above 6 marks as helpful and those are typically long-standing quality posts - these have been there for less than a month)

P.S. Could it be that there was recently a Microsoft conference in the Indian sub-continent where the MVP program had a stand. I've noticed a recent sudden influx of new posters adding to lots of threads and this always seems to happen when people have been encouraged to try for MVP status. It's rather a nuisance because while the quantity is there the quality usually isn't (and half the time they revive ancient long lost threads from 2007,2008 and 2009).

P.P.S. See this thread

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/84f911a4-accc-4923-bf48-f29dc2f19782

where Roozan Bharucha and a long list of "friends"  some of whom are named by him (22 in total, I suspect!) announce that they are leaving the MSDN forums after receiving a phone call. It's interesting to read his post because he seems proud of his fake points.

Good however to know that someone in presumably MS India stopped this kind of behaviour in its tracks by taking to the telephone.

Later: If that is indeed what happened. The post when I read it again was not so clear and maybe they left because of this thread and never did get a phone-call.

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, May 9, 2011 5:55 AM Later: sentence added
    Sunday, May 8, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Thanks for the link Mike ! I was completely unaware of that. and even got to know about Inquiry thread there.

Good to see admins are looking into it.

Looking forward for better measures in new recognition system :-)

Thanks

Sunday, May 8, 2011 5:57 PM
  • >Thanks for the link Mike !

I later saw that the same starter post (about leaving the forums) had also been posted to the Suggestions for the Forums forum and that there at least one "replier" was one of his rent-a-mob (i.e. one of the names listed as leaving the forums with him).

So duplicate posts to two different forums as well!

Mike

> even got to know about Inquiry thread there.

That's fascinating. A clear indication that all the guy is interested in is in gaming the system to get as many points / Bronze etc. as possible and that he thinks this is a completely normal thing to do. (First find out what points are given for and then notice that the easiest way is to mark posts as helpful and then get everyone in your company to mark as helpful every single post).

Still at least the final post in that thread shows that the forum software people are now aware of this.

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, May 9, 2011 6:02 AM Inquiry thread quote + comment added
    Monday, May 9, 2011 5:54 AM