none
Activation Key already in use - error code: 0xC004C003 RRS feed

• Question

• My old harddrive failed.   During the load of my upgrade version of Vista, Vista said my key was already in use but still allowed me  to continue.  Now that I have loaded Vista and all my other software, how do I activate my copy of Vista?

Thanks

Thursday, April 5, 2007 6:18 PM

Answers

• Please go to your System Properties panel (which you can access by right-clicking on Computer in the start menu and choosing Properties) and click on the blue "Change product key" link at the bottom of that window.  Then try entering your product key there.  Let me know if that works.  Thank you!

Thursday, April 5, 2007 6:29 PM

All replies

• Please go to your System Properties panel (which you can access by right-clicking on Computer in the start menu and choosing Properties) and click on the blue "Change product key" link at the bottom of that window.  Then try entering your product key there.  Let me know if that works.  Thank you!

Thursday, April 5, 2007 6:29 PM
  • Thanks for the quick response.  Now I get error code 0xC004F061.  "It appears this product is for upgrade not a clean install"   I paraphrased.

Thursday, April 5, 2007 7:40 PM
  • One cannot install an upgrade version of Windows Vista as a "clean install" unless you first install the qualifying older version of Windows, such as Windows XP or Windows 2000.  Otherwise, you would need to purchase a Windows Vista "Full Version" license (product key).
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 7:46 PM