Workflow created for Record Status Change only reading 1st If statement , it's not reading steps written inside "Otherwise" block RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have created a Workflow in MS CRM 2013 that runs when my Custom Activity Status Changes (By Clicking on Mark As Complete). There is an If and Otherwise blocks. When Workflow triggers it only reads the 1st If block statement, means when If Condition satisfies then it goes inside the block but if "If" condition doesn't satisfies then it is not reading the "Otherwise If" condition and getting completed without doing anything written inside that block.

If value != "Yes" Then

{

Stop Workflow

}

Otherwise If Value != "No"

{

update field value of same activity record

send mail

}

If "If" statement is satisfying then it's reading the steps but if it is not satisfying then is not going to "Otherwise" block even though the "Otherwise If" condition is true.

Please help me I am really frustrated with that and stacked to the same place from last 2 days, any help will be really appreciated. 

Many Thanks in Advance.

Manish

Sunday, February 23, 2014 5:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It could be that the value of your attribute is actually 'null' in which case neither of the blocks will execute. Try removing the Value!='No' to see if the otherwise block executes - if so, then the value is Null.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:49 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply, but even after removing the "Otherwise" block it's not reading the next steps.

Now my statement is like:

If value != "Yes" Then

{

Stop Workflow

}

update field value of same activity record // Update record before completing

send mail // Send email

Thanks,

Manish

Monday, February 24, 2014 7:59 AM