Disconnect when referencing Advanced Admin Console RRS feed

• Question

• When I reference the AAC, say, choosing My Computer, Control Panel, Workgroup etc. the connection drops...? Why would it do this?

(Sony Vaio, 2.5GHz duo, WinVistaUltimate, 4Gb mem, 2 x 320Gb HDD, 2.7Tb on HP Homeserver with 1.5Tb free)
    Friday, December 11, 2009 8:30 PM

Answers

• You'll have to check with the author of the add-in to be sure, but I recall that there was a problem when Internet Explorer 8 was pushed. Something about it broke some core functionality in the add-in.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Stonechatz Friday, December 11, 2009 9:07 PM
    Friday, December 11, 2009 8:36 PM

All replies

• You'll have to check with the author of the add-in to be sure, but I recall that there was a problem when Internet Explorer 8 was pushed. Something about it broke some core functionality in the add-in.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Stonechatz Friday, December 11, 2009 9:07 PM
    Friday, December 11, 2009 8:36 PM
  • Please make sure that you have the latest version (0.5.0) of the Advanced Admin Console Add-In installed. You can get it from http://www.home-server-addins.com/downloads

Make sure that you uninstall any previous version before you install the latest release. If your problem persists you should post the contents of your latest homeserverconsole log from the %qlogs% directory.

Andreas M.
    Friday, December 11, 2009 10:37 PM