My problem is that two viruses keep coming back even after contained by the antiviruse program & fire wall on. RRS feed

• General discussion

• hi

I hope I can discuss my problem with two viruses which keep coming back after contained by your antiviruse program and the firewall.

The frist softwear is Trojan Downloader:VBS/Psyme.GF, Its category is Trojan Dwonloader.

The second softerweare is Trojan:BA/Secoff.A. The Back door is Win32/Rbot/gen.

Both of them have been quarainted by your antivirus and fire wall programs , though. They keep coming back, and they keep bothering my computer system since Apirl 28 till today April 30th,2008.

Do you have any idea about how to stop these viruses from showing up on the screen any more.

I may be appreciated if you  can email me your answer and insruction for solving this trouble. My hotmail address is hakki808@hotmail.com.

Sincerely yours.

Ken Okamura aka ElHaqq808
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 9:57 AM

All replies

• Follow the instructions in this post, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=662566&SiteID=2, to report a virus that is not cleaned by OneCare and to get help in removal.

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx  for details.  For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 11:34 AM
  • Hi Stephen

How am I able to identify false positive virus or spywear? Or how am I able to identify the false negative viruse or spywear? What kind of clues  do I write down on the email to you? I have no idea what you want for the sake of being able to identify these false positive and negative viruse/spywear? I wonder what it mean by "false positive or negative" from the first place?

Ken
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 12:20 PM
  • I guess I need to revisit that link. Sorry about that.

Where I intended to send you was to OneCare support for help with removing the virus permanently. Since OneCare *is*identifying the threat and removing it, but it keeps coming back, it is neither a false positive or a false negative. It is simply a persistent threat that OneCare is not completely dealing with.

The threat may be located in a system restore point, for example, which can't be removed by OneCare.

In any event, please contact OneCare support -

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 12:37 PM
  • Hey ElHaqq808

1.       Can you provide me the path which our anti-virus detects for these 2 malwares.

2.       Also after you get these paths, Can you go to  www.microsoft.com/security/portal and submit these files(its quite simple process and it takes just uploading the files). Once you do it it will generate submission IDs. Can you please provide me those IDs so that I can follow up with those with our researchers. Please let me know if you face any problem and I will be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks

Monty[MSFT] montyj@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 1, 2008 2:23 AM