Server Error in '/Remote' Application RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

After installing some virtual directories, i had this error when trying to connect by web:

Server Error in '/Remote' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.dll' could not be found

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File:    Line: 0

Any ideas ?

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:46 PM

Answers

• I would suggest removing your virtual directories and then seeing if it works. One thing to remember is that adding and changing IIS and the like is not and will not be supported by MS.
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 12:08 AM
  • Well, i found a way to get back to a good situation.

Just go to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 then setup.exe and repair... Now it works fine

Thursday, March 1, 2007 12:13 AM

All replies

• I would suggest removing your virtual directories and then seeing if it works. One thing to remember is that adding and changing IIS and the like is not and will not be supported by MS.
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 12:08 AM
  • Well, i found a way to get back to a good situation.

Just go to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 then setup.exe and repair... Now it works fine

Thursday, March 1, 2007 12:13 AM
  • Just curious.. What was your desire or need to add virtual directories?
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 1:55 AM
  • Hi Grey,

I have a personnal website, and my WHS machine is my only computer to be on the net 24/24.

So i need the virtual directories to put back this website.

But i don't know how this mess came.

Thursday, March 1, 2007 1:29 PM
  • fair enough :)
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 2:57 PM