none
Help with Broadcom Drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi-

I've just installed Home Server on my old desktop with an Asus P4PE mother board, it has a Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet BCM5702. My first stop was Asus and Broadcom but the Win. 2003 Server drivers do not seem to work with WHS.

Anyone on the same HW that can help?

Monday, June 30, 2008 8:59 PM

All replies

• I have Asus S939 server board with dual Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5721. The drivers for this are identical to the drivers for your BCM5702 chip - I compared them with a CRC check.

I was running driver version 10.62 and have just updated to the current 10.78 drivers. They should work for your board too.

Download the 32 bit file win_xp_2k3_32-10.78.0.0.zip from here - the XP and Server downloads are the same

http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netxtreme_desktop.php

Unzip & install through Device Manager - it should work.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 9:20 AM
  • I believe I have already tried this driver...I will double check and let you know. In the interim I have borrowed a Linksys 10/100 PCI NIC and had no problems. I will eventually have to get the Broadcom one working or buy something.

Thanks for the link!

Thursday, July 3, 2008 11:53 AM
  • No dice...I had already tried these drivers and did try them again? I also tried drivers for Win 2003 and nothing either. I might contact Broadcom and see what they say. Thanks again for the help.

Monday, July 7, 2008 9:48 PM