Import contacts from CRM to Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I just migrated my email to Office 365, and I lost all my contacts in Outlook 2016. I have some contacts in CRM. How do I use those to create Outlook contacts? I only see documentation for going the other way.

I did try removing the rule in the Local Groups about owner status (although that should not have mattered) and ran synchronization, but nothing happens.

If I recreate a contact in Outlook and Track it, then I end up with a duplicate in CRM, then I have to merge them, but that leaves the Outlook contact being linked to a CRM contact that has been deactivated.  Not an acceptable solution.

Thanks

Monday, April 18, 2016 8:19 PM

All replies

• Contacts should synchronize both ways between Outlook and CRM depending on how synchronization has been configured.  What is the synchronization method set to on your user record in CRM and what is the method set for the CRM organization (System Settings)?

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:15 PM
  • Sorry, can you please tell me how to check these?  I don't see anywhere in the contact record where to check the synchronization method.  In System Settings I see the Synchronization tab but I don't see anything there about 'method'.

Only thing I know for sure is that contacts from CRM are not being created in Outlook.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:41 PM