How to disable "Customer Experience Improvement Program" popup screen in a unatented install? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all,

anybody knows how can we disable the "Customer Experience Improvement Program" popup screen in a unatented install? I did a batch file to create the pair folder but the first time it is asking us this question and I don't want users to see this...

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

I assume you're asking about SyncToy v2. If that's the case, there's no official/programmatic way of doing it.

Having said that there's something unofficial and unsupported you can try. If you look in the registry on a system that has ST2 installed in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SyncToy, you'll see two entries - CustomerFeedback and FirstTimeUser. FirstTimeUser can be set to 1 and CustomerFeedback to 0/1 depending on your preference to avoid the dialog.

Lukasz

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

I assume you're asking about SyncToy v2. If that's the case, there's no official/programmatic way of doing it.

Having said that there's something unofficial and unsupported you can try. If you look in the registry on a system that has ST2 installed in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SyncToy, you'll see two entries - CustomerFeedback and FirstTimeUser. FirstTimeUser can be set to 1 and CustomerFeedback to 0/1 depending on your preference to avoid the dialog.

Lukasz

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:27 AM
  •  

Hi Lukasz!

Like you said, I exported those registry from a machine that already had SyncToy installed and then on the new machine, I imported those registry follow by the unattended install. With this, I didn't receive the "Customer Experience Improvement Program" popup screen message!

Thanks again for this solution!

Paul

P.S. Yes it is version 2.0.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 3:57 PM