LiveMesh does not synch on my Mac RRS feed

• Question

• Bought the Mac early in 2009; it came with Leopard and Live Mesh installed and operated correctly.  On upgrading to Snow Leopard of course it didn't work.  With the new download, I can get Live Mesh up and running through the Live Mesh site but it does not complete the synchronization on start-up or any time the computer is running.
    Through the Live Mesh website I can see my notebook computer and also Live Desktop.  The desktop entry will allow me to access our Live Mesh network but if I attempt to call up through the MacBook Pro, all I get is a message telling me I'm not connected to the internet.
    Will I just have to get used to this other entry method or is there something else I can do for the automatic synch to occur on start-up?
    Thanking you in advance.  Our office is running very nicely on Live Mesh for all our realtime information.
    Chris Gunn (Canberra - Work)
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:06 PM

Answers

• Hello, Chris.
    There are some other reports of Live Mesh on the Mac not working, even with the new version.
    A post from 10/24 in this thread might help: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/219507bf-9a8a-47b7-bef1-f80f17c7c49f

"1) Quit the Live Mesh client.
    2) Delete the Live Mesh settings in Application Support (~\Library\Application Support\Live Mesh).
    3) Delete the Live Mesh preference (~\Library\Preferences\com.microsoft.LiveMesh.plist).
    4) Launch Live Mesh client, at which point it allowed me to login as though for the first time and re-select the folder I wanted in my mesh."

If it does not help, the best I can suggest is to submit a bug report:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you may not receive a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    • Marked as answer by kensm [msft] Monday, November 23, 2009 5:14 AM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 2:12 PM

All replies

• Hello, Chris.
    There are some other reports of Live Mesh on the Mac not working, even with the new version.
    A post from 10/24 in this thread might help: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/219507bf-9a8a-47b7-bef1-f80f17c7c49f

"1) Quit the Live Mesh client.
    2) Delete the Live Mesh settings in Application Support (~\Library\Application Support\Live Mesh).
    3) Delete the Live Mesh preference (~\Library\Preferences\com.microsoft.LiveMesh.plist).
    4) Launch Live Mesh client, at which point it allowed me to login as though for the first time and re-select the folder I wanted in my mesh."

If it does not help, the best I can suggest is to submit a bug report:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you may not receive a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    • Marked as answer by kensm [msft] Monday, November 23, 2009 5:14 AM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 2:12 PM
  • Thank you.  Yes this works.

I think I have to do this every day since the sign-button always greyed out.  

Thanks again! 
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 5:09 AM
  • I have tried these steps... funny thing, I can' t find any of these folders ANYWHERE!

I have searched for them all, and they don't even exist in an alternate location.

Mesh will run (though I have to uninstall and reinstall each time)

Even after reinstall, these folders do not exist. 

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 5:03 PM
  • Axios, ~ denotes your user's folder. So in Finder, you can find your user folder in many ways:

1. In a finder window, on the left pane, under Places, you'll see your username with a house icon, that's where the folder is. Click on it, then click Library, click Application Support. There you should see Live Mesh folder.

2. Click on your hard drive, there click on Users, then click on your username, then follow the path like above.

Friday, June 4, 2010 1:30 AM