none
My Forums Threads Does Not Update

General discussion

• I use the "My forums threads" view because I have 10 forums I want to monitor. Today that view does not update. All other views update, including the "My threads" view. I remember having this problem before. Does anyone else see this?

Edit: Well now I cannot see this post in the "Forums Issues" forum or in the "My forums threads" view. I only see it, and add this edit, in the "My threads" view. I wonder if I am the only person that can see this post.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Monday, May 23, 2016 11:02 PM

All replies

• Looking at overall forum view (i.e. no forums selected) shows 1:18 last update. My last couple of replies not showing anywhere on the forum view I post in, so yes no updates in places here either. My Threads view for me showing a couple of updates for about 30 mins ago so that is improving it appears in places. Yes seen this before and happens from time to time around here.

Monday, May 23, 2016 11:20 PM
  • Yes, I can confirm. It may be bigger than that as some other list views I use are affected. Forum alerts may also be affected.

(edit: Sent email to fissues)

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, May 23, 2016 11:35 PM
  • They just replied that they are aware and working on it.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, May 23, 2016 11:51 PM
  • I use the "My forums threads" view because I have 10 forums I want to monitor. Today that view does not update. All other views update, including the "My threads" view. I remember having this problem before. Does anyone else see this?

Edit: Well now I cannot see this post in the "Forums Issues" forum or in the "My forums threads" view. I only see it, and add this edit, in the "My threads" view. I wonder if I am the only person that can see this post.

Some threads are not updating correctly when responded to either. The response is added to the thread but the thread doesn't display the last responders name or move to the top of the 1st page of threads for the forum in question.

La vida loca

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:27 AM
  • "My forums threads" still shows no replies to this post, although when I open it I see 4 replies now. But good to know the admins are aware of the problem.

Edit: Even when I view all threads in this forum, it shows no replies for this post. Only my "My threads" view shows the proper number of replies.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 3:31 AM
  • Looks like activity lists aren't updating either.

EDIT: And it also looks like nothing new has shown up in the main thread list for just over an hour.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 5:10 AM
  • I just tried to get recent 'My forum's threads' view and I see replies from 13 hours ago :(

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 12:05 PM
  • Yes indeed, nothing is getting updated.... no replies, no mail alerts..

Devaraj G | Technical solution architect

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:25 PM
  • The RSS feeds are still functioning as usual, from what I can see at least.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:28 PM
  • Yes indeed, nothing is getting updated.... no replies, no mail alerts..

No email alerts for me as well. This started happening sometime yesterday.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:00 PM
  • :( Hopefully they fix it soon.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:32 PM
  • MS takes 1 step forward and 2 steps back whenever they alter Forums in any fashion.

It's like watching Browny or the VA director or the TSA directory or pretty much any government official (from the President on down) "repairing" anything.

La vida loca

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:41 PM
  • same issues, looks like things are getting out of control, couple of days back Technet wiki had issue, now forums.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://krossfarm.com

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:06 PM
  • Does someone have an update on the issue? When the fix is supposed to be put in place?

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:27 PM
  • No update yet. From past experience there will be no update until after the fix is in place.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:34 PM
  • Annoying to say the least :( Impossible to answer questions - I answered a few using rss feed earlier, but it's very inconvenient.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 10:21 PM
  • Latest update was "we are working on it"

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 1:17 AM
  • Thanks. So far no progress (11:37pm here).

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 4:37 AM
  • Still No luck :(

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 11:46 AM
  • Yes - it seems all TechNet forums are out of sync.  I notice that entries come and go.  This thread was not visible until about two minutes ago.

No email is being sent either.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:15 PM
  • I don't know if any moderators are monitoring this thread but if so another thread below the OP originally posted company confidential code. I notified the OP of that in a reply which I've since edited to remove what I said. The OP removed most of the code but there's still some displayed. Anyhow the OP wants the thread deleted even though I replied to the OP to remove all the rest of the code.

Maybe a moderator could respond to the OP or review the entire thread, edits, etc, and then remove the thread or something. And delete this post too if that occurs. Tks.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0070599e-3fc4-4749-9faf-2ddca5269567/vb-compile-error-when-building-xla-sub-or-function-not-defined?forum=vbgeneral

La vida loca

Another option is to flag it as abuse (so a mod will see it) with a comment about what is requested.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 11:23 PM
  • FYI - From site support

Hi Jim,

Thank you for reaching out to us,

We are already aware of this issue. our engineering team is work for the fix at present we don’t have any ETA for this issue.

We will update you once it fixed. Thanks!

Regards,

Bharath Nalla

MSDN & TechNet Site Support

-----Original Message-----
    From: msdnsite@microsoft.com[mailto:msdnsite@microsoft.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 09:42 AM
    To: MSDN Site Feedback <msdnsite@microsoft.com>
    Subject: FORUMS: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=ITCG

* Name: Jim Vierra

* Email: jvierra@msn.com

* URL: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.technet.microsoft.com%2fForums%2fen-US%2fhome%3fforum%3dITCG&data=01%7c01%7cv-bhnal%40microsoft.com%7caa5e5478c45748a75eab08d384bb95f2%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=gYb0yniWbKgeNKp7mpJtgafcE%2bjQPDvJkHeDcnTw%2f%2bU%3d

* Feedback Details: Sites not updating n main forums page and not sending emails. The last update tot eh lists is 24 hours ago and yet many threads have had updates in last hour or less.  Only RSS feed is updating with new topics only.

Related Info

* Browser: Mozilla 11.0

* Operating System: WinNT

* Cookies Enabled: True

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, May 26, 2016 8:48 AM
  • Now started receiving mails. But last two days updates not showing !!!

Thursday, May 26, 2016 10:14 AM
  • Seems to be working again now. Thread lists are updating as expected and the my forums threads view is showing new threads again.

Activity seems to be lost from the downtime, but they did recover it last time. Perhaps it'll just take a while to catch up.

EDIT: Now that I look closer, it seems like threads from yesterday and at least part of Tuesday aren't showing up in the thread list yet.

Thursday, May 26, 2016 11:55 AM
  • At first, this thread still showed in my personal "My forums threads" views with 0 replies, until I restarted my browser. Now it shows all replies.

Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:35 PM
  • Well they don't call it Microbesoft for nothing! Live Alpha Testing, what could go wrong?

I'm still seeing very sporadic postings, in fact this post was not visible to me from the forum the only way I found it is a link from a visible thread. None of my posts can be seen from the forum since Monday, the only way to find them is through a link or from profile. The same goes for three other people that I know.

Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:39 PM
  • The fact that I asked this question (since changed to a discussion) on May 23 has just now shown up on the Activities tab of my profile. That was 3 days ago. Perhaps our activity will catch up.

Edit: Reviewing my profile activity I see I was wrong. The activity I saw was not that I asked this question, but rather that I contributed this question that has at least 5 helpful votes. That milestone was recently achieved (24 hours ago). That means I have not yet seen any activity appear in my profile from when we experienced the problems.

Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:30 PM
  • In my history I only see information from 3 days ago and then starting from 3 hours ago. I know that I had a few answers in that period, it didn't yet come up.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, May 26, 2016 6:19 PM
  • Looks like the activity done in that outage period is gone.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, May 27, 2016 12:16 PM
  • Yeah, mine hasn't reappeared either. I likely won't notice even if it does reappear, due to that 100 item limit in the list.

Friday, May 27, 2016 12:45 PM
  • I suspect that there was a database recovery. That is why it took a while for the messages to be sent.  The period during the outage was likely never written to the logs or the recovery could not regain those records.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, May 27, 2016 12:52 PM