Connecting to the internet RRS feed

• Question

• I have wireless satallite internet and I cannot connect Live One Care to the internet.  I need help

Saturday, December 22, 2007 1:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Could you explain your problem more? Do you mean that after installing OneCare you can no longer access the Internet?

-steve

Saturday, December 22, 2007 3:23 AM
  • I use an internet card for access.  I installed the program and it is working but it flags thatin order to complete instalation and check for up dates I need to connect tot eh internet.  Once I connect to the internet and I check to insure that I am connected I click complete install your program tells me that I am not connected to the internet.  I am very frustrated.  I have tried everything.  Please help.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 1:37 PM
  • Have you looked at this post - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1516793&SiteID=2?

If that does not help, please contact support for further assistance.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Since you probably do not yet have an active subscription or it won't be able to be validated by the support flow, select the option that you are a trial user to proceed to the email form for support.

-steve

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 2:54 PM
  • I have already run that program and it stated that the error was fixed.  Still have the same problem.  I bought the software in the store and need to connect to get my subscription.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 2:58 PM
  • Sorry that this still didn't resolve it, but your best bet is to contact technical support per my previous post.

-steve

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:37 PM
  • I cant fond any phone numbers to contact them.  Can you get me one?

Thanks

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:57 PM
  •  Jeremy123463 wrote:

I cant fond any phone numbers to contact them.  Can you get me one?

Thanks

The phone number is only available via the support flow. If you are persistent, you may locate it using a search engine, but when it is posted here, we delete it as only paid subscribers should have access to support via chat and phone.

As I noted before, if it can't validate your subscription, you'll need to use email support. Since it would seem that you may not have subscribed yet in the activation process, it probably won't be able to validate it.

-steve

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:12 PM
  • I payed over $50.00 for the software.  I cant subscribe because I cant get on-line.  You cant type the number in and send it to me? 

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:15 PM
  • Your email is not in your profile for the forums. Click on my name to the left of this post to get to my profile. My email address is shown - sboots@mvps.org - put OneCare in the subject line and a link to this thread in the message body

-steve

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:29 PM