Search doesn't work by writer name RRS feed

• General discussion

• I searched with my name Silvercode, but it doesn't return all my messages but only one. Why just one, why not more?
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It works but you have to search in the search box at the browse users page to get all your posts, I just searched and got it you have 27 posts and 16 points.  The search is not as good as the old site but it works.  If you want to get back a thread you need to search at the search pane of the forum you posted that material not easy but it works most of the time.

Asp.net MVP, MCPD Web C#, MCITP BI & MCTS SQL Server 2005
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:22 PM
  • It would be easier and therefore better, if it just worked.
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:18 PM
  • I don't understand what you mean by if it just works because I just searched and got you again this time with 28 posts and 16 points so I know it works. Here is the search see it works.

http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/users/#page:1;searchexpression:Silvercode

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:55 PM
  • DisplayNames aren't indexed by the forums search engine. This should be rectified when we move to Live Search.
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 4:30 AM
  • I agree.  Searching by user name plus content is useful.  Sometimes I like to find one of my old posts when attempting to answer a similar question.

This used to work on the old forum system.
    Saturday, August 16, 2008 3:34 PM
  • You can still use the old forum search because I just used it this morning and if you remember the forum here using each forum search pane works for me most of the time.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 5:16 PM
  • the old forum search wold only work on content in the old forum system, though. New content here would not be searched by that.
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Monday, August 18, 2008 2:29 AM
  • Actually no when the user is added it pulls everything the user have posted so I use it to get even recent posts and it worked on Saturday the 16th of August, 2008.

Monday, August 18, 2008 11:45 AM
  • The search don't find everything I have posted.
    Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:15 AM