Automatically Show New Threads As They Arrive option NOT working RRS feed

• Question

• A while ago, the forum pages used to update automatially when new threads created or answered (were colored in yellow if I recall).

I think that this option "Automatically Show New Threads As They Arrive" is possible to enable or disable in MySettings. But I have a tick there (alway was), but the forum its not working like it used to (like it should).

I`m just wondering If is this a common issue of the forum, or is only me to notice it?

Mitja
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 4:52 PM

Answers

• It was turned off about 6 months ago. You can still see threads that contain posts you haven't read, they'll show up as bold font vs unbold (for things you have read). We'll consider implementing this in the future. There were just a lot of implementation issues with this feature so it was removed until we can do it in a way that doesn't sacrifice other aspects of the application like server health etc.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Mitja Bonca Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:55 PM
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 1:03 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• I`m just wondering If is this a common issue of the forum, or is only me to notice it?

I understood it was turned off quite a while ago as a performance issue.   I don't know if it was turned back on.

---

Saturday, September 24, 2011 7:06 PM
  • Can you check it out, and try to make is to be turned on?

It is really one of the best options I have ever seen n forums (you can understand why).

But as you said there can be some performance issues, of course, there is constant checking of the code for updates.

I cannot even imagine how huge database should be to do the checking...

Mitja
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:40 PM
  • It was turned off about 6 months ago. You can still see threads that contain posts you haven't read, they'll show up as bold font vs unbold (for things you have read). We'll consider implementing this in the future. There were just a lot of implementation issues with this feature so it was removed until we can do it in a way that doesn't sacrifice other aspects of the application like server health etc.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Mitja Bonca Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:55 PM
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 1:03 AM
    Answerer
  • Ok, thx for answering and so this thread has been answered.
    Mitja
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:55 PM