Windows Vista Validation Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have a massive problem with my copy of Windows Vista Premium. I can't log on to any of the accounts on my PC because it keeps telling me that i am a victim of counterfit and that i havnt got a a "real" copy of windows. I do however. I can't access my desktop so i cant go into my start bar to try any of the solutions anybody has suggested. The only way i can access the internet or forums is by going through the "View Help Online" button and oppening a new tab.

Thursday, August 20, 2009 3:08 PM

Answers

• Hello sthsths,

"The only way i can access the internet or forums is by going through the "View Help Online" button and oppening a new tab."

Yes, in most cases, a Non-Genuine issue will cause Reduced Funtionality Mode so no desktop, not start button and control panle will not open.  Using the Internet Browser is the primary way to navigate the computer, when in this Mode.

"I can't access my desktop so i cant go into my start bar to try any of the solutions anybody has suggested."

Incorrect, any solutions that I have posted will have steps to do them without access to the Start Button. If the solution does not contain steps on how to do it without access to the Start Button, then the solution was not designed to fix a Reduced Functionality Mode causing Non-Genuine issue.

Please create a New Thread, a short description of the issue (exact error messages and such) and post a Diagnostic Report.  To Generate and Post a Diagnostic Report, download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

If you do not have access to the Start Button:

1) Login to Vista and click the option that brings up Internet Explorer.
    2) Type: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 into the browser address bar.
    3) A window will come up asking if you want to “Run” or “Save”, Select “Run”
    4) When the program runs, click the “Continue” button, then click the “Copy” button.
    5) Post Report in the new Thread.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, August 20, 2009 5:56 PM
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 5:55 PM