live mesh wont start under snow leopard RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using mesh on macs and pcs for about a year. my mac has always had problem starting live mesh.  Some times I would need to exit and restart mesh several times to get the app to turn black ( and not gray) and start syncing. It seems to be worse under snow leopard and now I can not get it to start at all even after a full re-boot and several restarts.

I am running snow leopard and mesh version .9 (0.9.4501.0)

Any ideas? I am really thinking about using some of the other tools out there that run reliably on both the mac and the pc.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:04 PM

Answers

• The best that I can offer is for you to submit a bug report with logs.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you may not receive a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 8:57 PM

All replies

• The best that I can offer is for you to submit a bug report with logs.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you may not receive a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 8:57 PM
  • Stephen,

I am increasingly frustrated with mesh and have installed dropbox. Starting to migrate my clients to dropbox which works flawlessly.  Is there any hope of getting this resolved? New release ? I can't believe I am the only one experiencing this problem or perhaps live mesh has a low adoption rate on macs.

Brad
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 12:11 PM
  • I understand the frustration, Brad. This beta has been crawling along and, no, you aren't the only one experiencing issues. Yes, I agree that there probably aren't a heck of a lot of Mac users of Live Mesh, but I don't know any numbers. DropBox is not a beta, so it is probably a better solution for you - at least for now. Once Live Mesh gets out of beta, things may be different, of course.
    -steve
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 12:49 PM
  • Thanks for responding.  

I did the workaround deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Live Mesh/
     and one other directory that was in a suggested fix.

This worked for a week or so, but alas no longer.

Dropbox will work for now.

Brad
    Monday, February 15, 2010 12:45 PM