MSN only indexing 6 pages RRS feed

• Question

• Why is msn so bad at indexing sites, I have been using webmaster tools for some time now and over the past month the most of the pages at www.eandhbaxendale.com have vanished from live search, and half of the pages that are left in the index don't even exist any more. Google and yahoo on the overhand are completely different they both have indexed more than 90 of the 130 pages submitted using a sitemap.

According to webmaster tools there are no crawl issues, i have used the robots.txt validator which reports no problems.  It's now that bad that I have had to replace the live site search box on the site with a google custom search box, so our visitors searches return results.

Friday, May 8, 2009 7:54 PM

All replies

• Webmaster tools now reports status as N/A, What has happened? when i use live search site:www.eandhbaxendale.com it is still returning 6 pages, 3 of which no longer exist.  Google on the overhand have increased the page rank of the homepage, so what is going on with the msn index and webmaster tools?

www.eandhbaxendale.com has 38 webpages and approx 100 more pdf's, google and yahoo have indexed more than 90 of these urls which i regularly submit via a sitemap, the site has been live for around a year now. The last major change took place in march when some of the files were renamed, 301 redirects were put in place at the same time, google and yahoo both complied with the 301 redirects and updated their indexes with the new filenames.  Keywords include trussed rafters, roof trusses, metal web floor joists, roof trusses lancashire, roof trusses northwest etc.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:01 PM
  • Bing!! and nothings changed.  Google and yahoo on the overhand continue to index more.
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 11:39 AM