Infected with Selace K and L, Agent.gen RRS feed

• General discussion

• Our home computer is infected with the Selace.K, Selace.J, and Agent.gen. I must have downloaded this from an innocent-looking link trying to find out more info on another spy program.

One interesting side effect is that on our multi-user computer, only my user is now unable to connect to the Internet (HTTP, HTTPs failed, etc).

I have Windows XP 32-bit home user, IE 7.0.570.13

I ran Malaware Bytes once and OneCare several times, but it can't clean it. Norton doesn't help; they don't even have the virus defined anywhere on their website! Also, I think it's compromised. I also tried deleting the Java runtime and re-installing per an earlier post on this forum, but it didn't help.

I also ran the registry scan at the same time I ran One-Care.

It takes about 6 hours to run the Onecare virus scan so it's pretty time consuming; I also freely admit I'm not the most computer-conversant so I don't know how much more I can do on my own.

Any help is appreciated; if I need to send the machine in to Geek Squad or something like I'm willing to do that also.

Thanks

• Changed type JimR1Moderator Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:43 PM Off topic.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:44 PM Off topic. (From:Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats)
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 7:31 PM

All replies