Access fields in Quick View embedded in related entity RRS feed

• Question

• Entity A has related Entity B's, and Entity A has a "Quick View" embedded in a form in Entity B.

I have some logic that I'd like to run from the related Entity B based on field values from Entity A contained in the quick view, and rather than use REST to query the value in A, I thought using an embedded "Quick View" from entity A on the form in Entity B to bring the field whose value I could simply read from the quick view without having to perform a REST call to Entity A.

Unfortunately I haven't found a supported way to do this as it appears the quick view form is inaccessible through Xrm.Page.

Am I forced to use a REST or Fetch call to the parent entity?

Saturday, February 22, 2014 1:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• That is correct - the Quick View is a read-only representation of the data. If you want to act on it you would need to use REST or SOAP with JavaScript or Silverlight to access the data directly.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Saturday, February 22, 2014 2:27 AM
  • Thanks Jason. It's a shame that fields in a quick view form are not accessible through javascript since the embedded form is embedded directly on the form I'd like to read them from, but thank you for clarifying it for me.
    Saturday, February 22, 2014 2:32 AM