none
SqlSyncScopeProvisioning - Dont want to use DefaultTrackingTable what is the other option? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to sync between SQL Server 2005 databases.

As the 'SqlSyncScopeProvisioning' adds the Tracking table for each table in the scope, the database size will increase. If I dont want to use this _Tracking table (SetCreateTrackingTableDefault(DbSyncCreationOption.Skip)), what is the other option?

-Ajinath

Friday, May 21, 2010 12:53 PM

Answers

• I'm afraid you dont have much option. Almost all of the objects created by the provisioning are dependent on this table (triggers, selectchanges and metadata stored procs). As the name implies, this table is used for tracking what has changed in the base tables.

You might want to check on the metadata clean up options instead by looking up  How to: Clean Up Metadata for Collaborative Synchronization in the documentation.

Friday, May 21, 2010 3:05 PM

All replies

• I'm afraid you dont have much option. Almost all of the objects created by the provisioning are dependent on this table (triggers, selectchanges and metadata stored procs). As the name implies, this table is used for tracking what has changed in the base tables.

You might want to check on the metadata clean up options instead by looking up  How to: Clean Up Metadata for Collaborative Synchronization in the documentation.

Friday, May 21, 2010 3:05 PM
  • If you don't want to pay the price of using extra sync metadata storage to sync incremental database changes and this is a one shot sync operation, a new feature in next release to deprovision the sync database may be helpful to you. Essentially, the deprovisioning will remove all the tracking tables, store procs, triggers etc from the database, when you want to disjoin this database from sync.

Otherwise, the tracking tables are necessary.

Friday, May 21, 2010 5:52 PM
    Answerer