Outlook Rollup number RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there any problem with having the outlook client below or above the server rollup number? I have always thought they should be at the same rollup but I'm not sure. Any insight into this would be a great help.

Thank you.

Jason

Jason Cosman
    Monday, February 7, 2011 11:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Jason, Microsoft doesn't offer any specific guidance regarding which server and client update rollup versions might or might not be compatible -- I guess there are too many combinations to test. So the only advice is to keep the server and clients on the same update rollup.

In practice, however, there are lots of customers with different updates on the server compared to the client, and indeed, different update rollup on different clients.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Monday, February 7, 2011 12:06 PM
  • What Neil suggested is right.

In addition to those, i felt urged to share this URFAQ'S from Microsoft Resource Center which answers most of the questions which arises when talking about Update Roll-Ups.

Cheers, Edwin
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:54 PM
    Monday, February 7, 2011 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason, Microsoft doesn't offer any specific guidance regarding which server and client update rollup versions might or might not be compatible -- I guess there are too many combinations to test. So the only advice is to keep the server and clients on the same update rollup.

In practice, however, there are lots of customers with different updates on the server compared to the client, and indeed, different update rollup on different clients.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Monday, February 7, 2011 12:06 PM
  • What Neil suggested is right.

In addition to those, i felt urged to share this URFAQ'S from Microsoft Resource Center which answers most of the questions which arises when talking about Update Roll-Ups.

Cheers, Edwin
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:54 PM
    Monday, February 7, 2011 1:00 PM
  • Sounds good guys,

I appreciate your time.

Jason Cosman
    Monday, February 7, 2011 3:19 PM