Fax not deliverable RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently facing an issue with our email router or better say a combination of email router and fax service.

Most of our employees don't use the outlook plugin of CRM 2013 but the email router. If a Fax comes in via fax server, it will be forwarded as an email to the receiving user. The head looks like this:

"From: <<fax number> [FAX: <<fax number>>]
    Send: Wednesday, 24. February 2016 15:30
    To: <<User>>
    Subject: fax received: 4 pages from <<fax number>> ok"

I think the from-line causes the error message I get over and over again. Mostly I get dozens errors in event viewer juest becaus _one_ fax can't be connected to any account or contact. The error message looks like this:

"#6511 - Beim Überprüfen der an http://crm01/<<Unternehmen>> zu übermittelnden E-Mail-Nachricht mit dem Betreff "Faxempfang: 4 Seiten von <<Faxnummer>> ok" in Postfach crm-router-<<Unternehmen>>@service.local ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault]: The sender does not have an email address on the party record (Fehlerdetail ist gleich Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault)."

After a couple of minutes the mailed fax will be moved to undeliverable folder which stops generating error messages for this item.

Is there any help for this? Or can I at least stop generating such messages which spams my event logger full with nothing but this?

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 9:51 AM

Answers

• You won't be able to do this with the rule deployment wizard. Instead you will need to manually create the rule in Outlook as a server-side rule which is of course a pain if you have lots of users.

All the rule deployment wizard does is create a server-side forwarding rule but the time saver is that it does it for lots of users in one go. The key thing about the rule is that it must forward the email as an attachment to the forward mailbox. One thing to note is that if you are not using automatic tracking of emails, then there is no need to use the Email Router for incoming emails at all.

• Marked as answer by Florian Adler Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:45 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2016 1:13 PM

All replies

• Is the email router polling each user's mailbox separately or are you using a forward mailbox?

Sunday, March 13, 2016 10:51 PM
  • We're using a forward mailbox.
    Monday, March 14, 2016 5:46 AM
  • OK, that is helpful. With the forward mailbox, users' emails are forwarded to the forward mailbox. You could try changing the forwarding rule to exclude emails where the email is from the fax number or perhaps the subject contains "fax received".
    Monday, March 14, 2016 9:25 AM
  • That's a point I already thought about but didn't find a way to set those "special" rules. I only know the good old rule deployment wizard. Does it make any difference that we're using an Exchange Server 2007 and not 2010 or higher? Would we have the feasbility to publish those special rules via rule deployment wizard if we're using a newer version of Exchange?
    Monday, March 14, 2016 9:30 AM
  • You won't be able to do this with the rule deployment wizard. Instead you will need to manually create the rule in Outlook as a server-side rule which is of course a pain if you have lots of users.

All the rule deployment wizard does is create a server-side forwarding rule but the time saver is that it does it for lots of users in one go. The key thing about the rule is that it must forward the email as an attachment to the forward mailbox. One thing to note is that if you are not using automatic tracking of emails, then there is no need to use the Email Router for incoming emails at all.

• Marked as answer by Florian Adler Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:45 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2016 1:13 PM
  • Hmm, I feared that it would not be possible with the deployment wizard. We'll have to decide whether we keep the actual situation (which is a pain if you ask me; dozens of error messages for just _one_ failed email/fax) or we punish our administrator in publishing those rules via Exchange. Both scenarios aren't satisfying but what should we do in this situation...

Feridun, thank you for your time and for the help!

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:45 AM