Restore Backup Data from Money 2002 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to restore a backup file into Money 2002, it keeps asking "Please type current password for your backup file" "My Money Backup".  I have never set up a password, and was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can get around this.  Cheers.
    Friday, March 25, 2011 5:07 AM

All replies

• This means that your backup file was not made by Money 2002, but rather it was made a later version. Search your file for a *.m10 file. That would be a copy of your  Money 2002 file. The copy would have been made by that earlier version. The date on the file would identify when the conversion took place.

If your version of Money is from the US, and if you would like to convert to Money Plus Sunset, say so. There is some info that would help with that.  Alternatively you will have to find a version at least as new as the one that created your file, and it would need to be from the same country or region as the version that you were using.

If that version was Money 2005, then there is no easy solution. I would then hope you have your *.m10 file and that it is fairly recent. That does not seem likely.

Friday, March 25, 2011 5:25 AM