Write-In Products in Opportunity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was wondering if there is any easy way to have write-in products in opportunities. As I understand it's not out of the box but it seems the fields is productoverriden and ispriceoverriden are pointing towards a solution.

Is there some sort of logic I can implement in the regular opportunityproduct entity that will allow me to have the write-in products in there?

Or do I have to take the approach of creating a custom entity to mimic the write in products? And if yes with what fields and relationships should it be created?

I know I'm being a bit generic but I'm still trying to figure out the best approach to do this.

Thank you for your time.

PS I'm using Dynamics 4.0
    • Edited by Agenteusa Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:46 AM Forgot to add the Dynamics version
    Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:46 AM

Answers

• I was able to do it with the CRMService.Create approach and a custom entity that mimics the quotedetail one. Now I'm running this Create method several times on one thread and it's giving me a Deadlock problem in the transaction which results in sometimes one of the products not being created. :S

I'm still open to a new approach to what I need though so if anyone has any advice it would be welcome.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Agenteusa Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:24 PM
    Tuesday, November 6, 2012 6:15 PM