Re-creating the Zentity database (delete) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to create my own model, the User Guide says that the examples require the database to be recreated. I would like to drop the Zentity database and recreate it.

The instructions on pg 35 of the Extensibility User Guide have a re-create section. This would appear incomplete. (It get sql stored proc signature errors)

I suspect there has been an update since v1 and v2. I have selected this method below (it works, althought I have a probably unrealated problem)

1)Drop Zentity.

2) Run the create db script on pg 35 of the Extensibility User Guide

3) Execute the database.sql scrip from the install dir.

4)[Missing in docs] execute the "Zentity Services Modification Script - v2.sql" script.

Should I have to create anything else?

This results in me being able to execute my create new model c# program wihtout getting a parameter missing error for a stored proc. But now the WebUI just displays this

"An error occurred while processing your last request. Please try again or contact Zentity administrator.        "

Are there any other steps in the re-create database ?

Regards

Steven 

sjj698
    Friday, July 8, 2011 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please explain your scenario a bit more. Like, there is no need to drop the database and do everything from scratch. The installer executes the scripts in a given sequence and that may go wrong when you try to do manually.

Also, to introduce your own model you need to have RDF xml and RDF schema files. Getting started guide, page 43-47 has explanation on that.

-Regards

• Proposed as answer by Kalnemi Monday, July 11, 2011 1:12 PM
    Monday, July 11, 2011 1:11 PM
  • Is there any tutorial or documentation on how to generate those RDF files?

As long as the Extensibility User Guide is concerned you have to re-create the database (as mentioned by sjj698) if you want to use your own model, which most be uploaded with C# code (not with RDF fiiles according to the guide). And even if you created the new model with a new and clean installation any error would ruin everything because as I mentioned in this thread the provided functions for removing Data Models doesn't seem to work (i.e. you have to manually delete whatever you get wrong)

@sjj698 : The WebUI is only useful for the provided ScholarlyWorks (not for user-defined models), i.e. it is hardcoded to work only with this model. But as always "it is open source so you can modify it as you want".

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:11 PM