RC0 Issue - Reference required to assembly RRS feed

• Question

• I have a web service with references to:

• Microsoft.Synchronization.Data
    • Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.Server

I installed the Sync Services for ADO.NET v2 from the RC0 SQL 2008 DVD. 

I removed the 1.0.0.0 references and replaced with the 2.0.0.0 references (the web.config shows the change).

<add assembly="Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.Server, Version=2.0.0.0,

Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845DCD8080CC91"  />
    <add assembly="Microsoft.Synchronization.Data, Version=2.0.0.0,

Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845DCD8080CC91"/>

I now get the error:

Error 1 Reference required to assembly 'Microsoft.Synchronization, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' containing the base class 'Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncProvider'. Add one to your project.

On the line of code:

Private WithEvents serverSyncProvider As DbServerSyncProvider

I'm using VS.NET 2008 and not too sure why or how it knows "that the line of code is somehow linked to the 1.0.0.0 DLL".  I tired added back in the 1.0.0.0 reference and that does not work.  Not too sure what is going on?

I looked at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/61ax6z4a(VS.80).aspx, but that was not much help.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 7:03 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, June 30, 2008 1:22 PM

Answers

•  

Adam-

Sync Services for ADO.NET v2 brings in an additional dependency on Microsoft.Synchronization.dll v1.0.  Please try adding a reference to this in your project and you should be good to go.

-Phil

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 4:11 PM

All replies

•  

Adam-

Sync Services for ADO.NET v2 brings in an additional dependency on Microsoft.Synchronization.dll v1.0.  Please try adding a reference to this in your project and you should be good to go.

-Phil

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 4:11 PM
  • Thanks Phil that worked.  I did not think Sync Services for ADO.NET would have a dependency on the Sync Framework.

I had to install X:\x86\Setup\Synchronization.msi in addition to the SyncServicesADO.msi.  It’s odd how MSFT put version 2.0 of Sync Services for ADO.NET along with the version 1.0 of the Sync Framework.  I know why they did it since there is already a version 1 for ADO.NET, but could lead to confusion.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 7:23 PM