none
Posts modification issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

It's an old issue, at least for me, but it's getting annoying, when I'm trying to edit a post, be it an old one or a new one,
    I'm getting this odd behaviour, that I'm not even quite sure how to explain it, so here are few images.

The first image is showing one of my posts and it seems like the RTE hasn't loaded.

The second image is not the same post (assume it is, it's not the point) just that now it's completely messed up, even more!

Now, it always happens one after the other, like the first time I'm trying to edit the post I'm getting the RTE problem, after that it's just messed up even more! :)

When it happens I just wait few minutes and seems to work.

P.s About the second post, I forgot to take a screenshot right after it happened, but like I said, it always happens in the exact same order.  

Eyal, Regards.

blog.eyalsh.net

Sunday, September 6, 2009 4:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• The 1st screen shot is what you get when the Javascript for the page you are viewing hasn't finished executing before you click the Reply button.  Or when Javascript is disabled.  Or when you middle-click the Reply button to try to reply in a new tab.  If you get this repeatedly, press F5 first to refresh the page, wait for it to load, tap your foot 3 times for a broadband Internet connection, 20 times for a modem, then click Reply.  Tap longer as needed until you can guess the delay accurately.  Beware that it is variable, a few extra taps are advisable.

The 2nd screen shot is what you get when you accidentally hit Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C in the browser instead of the program from which you meant to copy the text.  The post editor routinely mangles copied text into something quite unrecognizable, both before and after hitting Submit.

Hans Passant.
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 10:59 AM
  • @Hans I understand, thanks :)

Well, I knew everything you said for the most first part, and I think they can fix that, I know it's possible to check whether the RTE has been loaded before they enable the edit button (I've done that before for one of my customers), I hope they will take this into consideration.

About the second part it's never the case, I never accidentally hit a combination of keys without knowing it, not to mention the language it appears in, the only two languages I know natively are english and hebrew, so just by looking at the text it's neither of these languages.

I can assure you I haven't surf in a site that I don't even know or recognize the language and said hey! let's hit Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C by accidant and copy that to the MSDN forum.

Eyal, Regards.

blog.eyalsh.net
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 6:00 PM
  • Check this thread.

Hans Passant.
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 6:47 PM
  • Thanks mate! :)
    Eyal, Regards.

blog.eyalsh.net
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 7:08 PM