none
Prometric test site score issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently took a Microsoft exam at a test location recommended by prometric. I took the exam yesterday and the computer crashed at the end of the exam. I completed it but when i opted to click out of the survey is when it presented a bunch of errors and neither I or the administrator at the test site could get out of. She was baffled by it and attempted to pull my score which said "administrator error." She couldn't offer me anything or any proof of my test score or how well I did on it. She proceeded to tell me that everything would be fine and that if I did fail I could schedule on prometric's website. Fastforward to today and it still says pending however when i clicked to see if I had to re-take it all I received was "The selected exam has already been taken. Microsoft candidates are only permitted to take a passed exam once." I called prometric and they were kind of shocked that I had no score but insisted I had to call Microsoft and wait 48 hours before doing anything. I called Microsoft and they said it was between Prometric, me and the test site. My question is what should I do from here on if this doesn't get resolved?

Edit: I also purchased the second shot which states I have to use it within 30 days. If I indeed passed the exam, I would like to use this voucher towards a different exam.

• Edited by syndicate23 Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:40 PM update
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Microsoft's test provided is Prometric, the test centre you went to is acting on Prometric's behalf so you should log a call (email is probably best) with Prometric, they will deal with it.  My experience is that youu get treated like a idiot but keep explaining your situation clearly.  Microsoft get the results from Prometric so until the status of your exam is 'Passed' in your Prometric history Microsoft will not receive you results.

I believe unless the offer has changed that you can only use the second shot agianst the exam you just took.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Ozzy Geoff

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 11:13 PM
  • Hi

I had a similar situation a while back doing a MS exam.  The computer I was using bluescreened 3 times during the exam and the administrator had to come in each time and sort it out, putting in registration details again etc.  It automatically took me back to the last Q I was on but was taking between 20 and 30 secs each time after that to load up the next question.  this is extra pressure I could have been doing without.  Just passed the exam and no more and havn't been back to that test centre again, I'm travelling now almost 40 miles extra to get to a decent test centre.

MS should really be vetting these test centres.

Paul C

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 10:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Microsoft's test provided is Prometric, the test centre you went to is acting on Prometric's behalf so you should log a call (email is probably best) with Prometric, they will deal with it.  My experience is that youu get treated like a idiot but keep explaining your situation clearly.  Microsoft get the results from Prometric so until the status of your exam is 'Passed' in your Prometric history Microsoft will not receive you results.

I believe unless the offer has changed that you can only use the second shot agianst the exam you just took.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Ozzy Geoff

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 11:13 PM
  • Hi

I had a similar situation a while back doing a MS exam.  The computer I was using bluescreened 3 times during the exam and the administrator had to come in each time and sort it out, putting in registration details again etc.  It automatically took me back to the last Q I was on but was taking between 20 and 30 secs each time after that to load up the next question.  this is extra pressure I could have been doing without.  Just passed the exam and no more and havn't been back to that test centre again, I'm travelling now almost 40 miles extra to get to a decent test centre.

MS should really be vetting these test centres.

Paul C

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 10:53 AM
  • She said that she ran my report twice that day. She is going to escalate it to them and call me back once she finds out what is going on. Prometric SUCKS!! Think there is anyway I can talk them into refunding my money?
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:24 PM
  • Hi!  Ozzy Geoff, well i took my Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Virtualization exam on October 25, 2011 at about  2pm at one of your prometric't   center here in Nigeria called New Horizons. when i rounded d exam and saw my score d server went  down. up till now i havent gotten my result sent to me. What do i do. is it that the result didn't get to microsoft?

Thanks, anticipating ur early response

Thursday, November 3, 2011 1:11 PM