Adding a mac to the mesh RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add my macbook pro to the mesh. The software installs fine, however when i try to login i get the following message.

"There was a problem adding this computer to the live mesh"
    "Your user account has not been authorized to add a Mac to your mesh"

Is mesh for the mac still in some sort of private beta?
    Thanks
    Vivek

Monday, February 8, 2010 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Vivek-

One quick thing to try -- 
    1. go to http://www.mesh.com 
    2. sign in with the account you are trying to use on the Mac. 
    3. Go to the devices tab
    4. Click the "add device" icon in the ring.
    5. Look for a link below the "Select" orange that says something like "Limited Mac Tech Preview now available". My apologies for the approximate wording of the link here -- I don't quite remember what it says.
    6. If you click on this link, it should authorize the currently signed in account.
    7. Try to sign in to Mesh on the Mac.

Thanks,
    ToddHa

Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:50 AM

All replies

• Not that I'm aware of, but then I've never added a Mac to my Mesh.

Have you already set up a Live Mesh account and accepted the terms of use at http://www.mesh.com?
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, February 8, 2010 8:08 PM
  • Yup. I already have a mesh account defined which i am using successfully from my windows computers.
    -Vivek
    Monday, February 8, 2010 8:36 PM
  • That's strange then, assuming that you are signing in with the same LiveID. I haven't heard anything regarding changes to the environment, so it sounds like a glitch. I assume that you've tried to log in from the Mac software a number of times?
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 12:51 PM
  • Yup i have tried multiple times on different days. Same response about the authorization.
    -Vivek
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:06 PM
  • Yup i have tried multiple times on different days. Same response about the authorization.
    -Vivek

I do wish that I could be more help for you, Vivek. I've not encountered this one before.
    -steve
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:34 PM
  • Hi Vivek-

One quick thing to try -- 
    1. go to http://www.mesh.com 
    2. sign in with the account you are trying to use on the Mac. 
    3. Go to the devices tab
    4. Click the "add device" icon in the ring.
    5. Look for a link below the "Select" orange that says something like "Limited Mac Tech Preview now available". My apologies for the approximate wording of the link here -- I don't quite remember what it says.
    6. If you click on this link, it should authorize the currently signed in account.
    7. Try to sign in to Mesh on the Mac.

Thanks,
    ToddHa

Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:50 AM