issues logging into my WHS account after win 7 install RRS feed

• Question

• I had been running the RC of win 7 for months without issue.  I just finished installing the final version of win 7 on my computer using a clean install, and I can no longer log into my user account or the public folder on my WHS.  I am able to see my photos, videos, etc drives, but not my user drive.  I have gone into win 7 to provide myself permission to log into the account, but I get the message that I do not have the access in win 7 to do so. I have myself set up as an administrator, but so far no luck.  What am i missing that I cannot log into my account.

Thanks,

Chris
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 8:46 AM

All replies

• Your photos, videos, and music are probably available because you have Media Library Sharing turned on.  On your Win7 box, open up Computer, go to the C drive, then to the folder Users.  There should be a folder with your user account name.  Does it exactly match what is on the User Accounts tab on your WHS?

• Proposed as answer by kscybercop Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:38 AM
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 2:17 PM
  • They are different from each other, but it is no different than when I was running the RC of win 7.  I wanted to make the log on different from each other if possible, mostly because I have several computers running in the house and I want to be able to log into my whs from any of the computers into my accounts.  I would think that this would be possible.  If I remember correctly I was able to log into whs the first time from win 7 without an issue.  I should say that when I set whs I was running vista and had no problem setting up win 7 rc the first time.  It seems that i am missing something, but I cannot figure out what it is.

Thanks,

Chris
    Monday, November 23, 2009 6:35 PM
  • Hi Chris,
    password and user account should match those on WHS.
    Sometimes it helps, to delete that user account on WHS and create it again. As long, as you didn't allow to delete the user folder during the account deletion, you can reassociate the permissions as well through the console.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, November 23, 2009 7:35 PM
  • The profile path doesn't match the same name on the WHS, I have noticed that sometimes you think you have the same username, however comparing to your profile name under c:\users, it is indeed different.  Recreating on the Win7 box or on WHS as Olaf suggested would work just the same to fix the issue.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:37 AM