Qualifying incoming emails - CRM 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I am currently testing incoming email funcionalities and I have some questions for you guys:

- Incoming emails are in received status (closed one) so it is imposible to populate any custom field in the email form. Is this right? Any suggestions?

- When the From address is unknown you have the option to choose an existing contact for this field. This is good. But when this value is changed, if the selected contact is wrong, you can not change From field anymore. Is this right?

- Finally, when I try to change the Regarding field (just this one), I get this funny error:

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: Cannot update parties unless email is in draft status.Detail:
    <OrganizationServiceFault> 
      <ErrorCode>-2147187962</ErrorCode>
      <Message>Cannot update parties unless email is in draft status.</Message>
      <Timestamp>2016-07-14T10:49:24.928046Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
      <TraceText i:nil="true" />
    </OrganizationServiceFault>

The funny thing here is that if I change this field together with From field, changes are saved properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, July 14, 2016 10:51 AM

All replies

• An update on this. The error appears when you try to change the regarding with a From field not qualified, I mean, when From is still not a value in CRM. If you qualify From field the first, and after that you qualify the regarding, it Works. This is an issue from my point of view.
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:06 PM
  • From my experience on CRM 2013, after a user has incorrectly resolved an email address to the wrong account, contact or lead, there is no way to go back. It also finds every unresolved record in the system matching that email address and makes the change on all of them. For example, consider a long email conversation with a customer who said their email was firstlast@company.com, but when they send out emails, you receive it from first.last@ABCcompany.com instead. CRM will not resolve address because first.last@ABCcompany.com doesn't exist in your database. When you choose to resolve the address on just one of the emails, it will propagate the change to every email in the conversation. You only have to change it once.

Regarding your error with the From field, I have not encountered it. Good luck!

Eric Hula - CRM Administrator

Monday, July 25, 2016 4:49 PM