create record with related records in process RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm a beginner in crm development,I have two custom entities,Header and details with 1:N relationship,I want to create a workflow that automatically create a header and add selected details into it.I'd appreciate if someone can help me.

Monday, August 12, 2013 5:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As per my understanding,

- You will define some Product (Items) Like: P1,P2,P3 etc.

- After that you want to select some Product Items. Example you will select P1,P3 Only.

- You want that Order should be created with the selected items.

- So your order (Header) will be created with Two Details P1 and p3. 

If my understanding is correct you have many options to achieve the requirement.

You can add button on Homepage grid of the Product items. you will select some items on the home Page grid and click the button that will create Order with Items.

You can achieve this through JavaScript or Silverlight Page.

On click button the Id of the selected items will be passed to the JavaScript or Silverlight page that will create Order with the Selected items.

If you want good UI with the option to select Items in the Silverlight page itself and create Order then go with Silverlight.

Hope this helps!

Kalim khan

• Marked as answer by labghiz267 Monday, August 12, 2013 6:55 AM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 6:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Your requirement is not so clear. Will you please elaborate more on this?

The workflow or Plugin fires on Some event Like: Create, update etc. just let me know the functionality that you want to achieve.

Thanks!

Kalim Khan

Monday, August 12, 2013 5:27 AM
  • Thank you Kalim Khan,

Actually I want to pick some details entities and add them into the header entity,but i want to automatic crate the header with run a process.

for exam,header is an purchase order and details are items to buy.i define items,then select some of them and create one total order.

I wish i can explain clearly!!

Monday, August 12, 2013 5:47 AM
  • Hi,

As per my understanding,

- You will define some Product (Items) Like: P1,P2,P3 etc.

- After that you want to select some Product Items. Example you will select P1,P3 Only.

- You want that Order should be created with the selected items.

- So your order (Header) will be created with Two Details P1 and p3. 

If my understanding is correct you have many options to achieve the requirement.

You can add button on Homepage grid of the Product items. you will select some items on the home Page grid and click the button that will create Order with Items.

You can achieve this through JavaScript or Silverlight Page.

On click button the Id of the selected items will be passed to the JavaScript or Silverlight page that will create Order with the Selected items.

If you want good UI with the option to select Items in the Silverlight page itself and create Order then go with Silverlight.

Hope this helps!

Kalim khan

• Marked as answer by labghiz267 Monday, August 12, 2013 6:55 AM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 6:10 AM
  • Thanks,

You're exactly right,Unfortunaitly I'm a beginner and It's my first experience in CRM Development,I have to learn more about JavaScripts and Silverlight in CRM.

I really appreciate for your advices.

Monday, August 12, 2013 6:25 AM
  • Hi,

If this post helped you, would you please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful" ? It may help others.

Thanks!

Kalim Khan

Monday, August 12, 2013 6:28 AM