forgot to install To install KB2314472 RRS feed

• Question

• I set up my server, everything is great, copied all my data to the server and now have it in production, one thing i noticed is I forgot to install KB 
     KB2314472 so what do i do now?
    Friday, October 22, 2010 4:15 AM

Answers

• Have you considered installing it now? Have you read the notes which describe why you need it? Does the situation described apply to you?

And most important, have you read the announcement at the top of this forum which warns against using Vail as your production server? It's a beta; you shouldn't trust it to be production quality code. Instead, you should assume that there is some undiscovered bug which will eat your data (but nobody else's; after all if it did that it would have been discovered, wouldn't it?) tonight while you sleep. If you don't have multiple backups of everything, you're trusting Vail further than me, and I drank the Windows Home Server Flavor Aid (not Kool-Aid) a long time ago. :)

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, October 22, 2010 12:33 PM

All replies

• Have you considered installing it now? Have you read the notes which describe why you need it? Does the situation described apply to you?

And most important, have you read the announcement at the top of this forum which warns against using Vail as your production server? It's a beta; you shouldn't trust it to be production quality code. Instead, you should assume that there is some undiscovered bug which will eat your data (but nobody else's; after all if it did that it would have been discovered, wouldn't it?) tonight while you sleep. If you don't have multiple backups of everything, you're trusting Vail further than me, and I drank the Windows Home Server Flavor Aid (not Kool-Aid) a long time ago. :)

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, October 22, 2010 12:33 PM
  • I am gonna back up the data and install the KB inplace. I will let you know how it turns out
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 6:52 PM