An annoying and intrusive pop up installation wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I start my computer pups up a "Windows Genuine Advantage Notification - Installation Wizard" Yes, I know, running that wizard perhaps it won't pop up any more, but I bought my computer from a HP dealer and I'am posetively sure my windows copy and all the programs running in my computer are genuine, because those guys of HP  are just not capable to install counterfeit software in computers they sell through their dealers, so, I won't pass under the humillation of losing my time running that wizard, I rather formate my computer and install all the programs againg with the original and genuine CDs that came with my computer, but before I do that I wanted to ask: Is there any way to prevent and stop the pop up of this annoying and instrusive wizard of Microsoft?
    Monday, July 5, 2010 11:46 PM

Answers

• Hello k5db4gp,

Run the WGAN installation wizard and go along with it until it presents the End User Licensing Agreement.  Refuse the agreement and it will not show up again until the next version is released (probably a minimum of 3-4 months).

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 2:49 AM