Validations Fails with 2007 when trying to download Access 2007 templates RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to get my office 2007 installation validated.

I have Access 2003 installed as well and can download templates for it as it passes validation.

I activatied 2007 the first time I used MS Access. I took the steps to try and activate it again and I get a message saying the product has already been activated.

I ran the MGA diagnostics software as recommended and got this result:
    Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-T6DFB-Y934T-YD4YT
    Windows Product Key Hash: 3g4CZGFEDgbKmn/oB4pa2FZsssU=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-OEM-2211906-00102
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 69bc6c67-a6ff-47fa-a049-d1b1590cdc56
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: Yes
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.18.5
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 101 Not Activated
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-150-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_B4D0AA8B-530-645_672A8F41-307-80004005_672A8F41-349-80004005_672A8F41-244-80004005

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>69bc6c67-a6ff-47fa-a049-d1b1590cdc56</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YD4YT</PKey><PID>55274-OEM-2211906-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-4107740532-1068024834-1596444260</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Model>Dimension 8300               </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Version>A05</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20040223000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>73433A6F01848073</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Dell Computer Corporation</name><model>Dell DIMENSION 8300</model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>101</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91E30409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>98ED6F00B37DDD4</Val><Hash>85PNQjRSVYcIPlWjkk1s2BrL3EE=</Hash><Pid>73931-746-9171433-57345</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91120000-002E-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>2B0E8E828EBE6BA</Val><Hash>z748pP8/SwmCAtS4hmjKUtBy7s4=</Hash><Pid>81608-861-3795704-65765</Pid><PidType>8</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91120000-0051-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>101</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>1FEFD83640D9EBA</Val><Hash>UtFc7Pj9urvxLY2bxQn6zkOL6QA=</Hash><Pid>84890-861-5168796-63959</Pid><PidType>8</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

**********End report*********

Uninstalling Acc 2003 is not an option since I must use it to support some of my clients, an dboth versions are working okay. My email is wrmosca "at" myself "dot com"

Monday, April 23, 2007 12:09 AM

Answers

• Bill, looks like your Visio is not activated. Smile

Have you checked into your Visio installation?

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:25 PM
  • Good Morning Bill,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing surrounding Microsoft Office Ultimate activation.  There are a few dynamics occurring.  Microsoft does not recommend running multiple versions of Office Suites simultaneously.  It is possible to install and use more than one version on a single computer.  Attached is a Knowledge Base (KB) article describing problems you may encounter and offers advice on preventing different versions of Office from conflicting with each other should you require both Office Suite versions:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290576/en-us.

Please follow the steps to attempt resolving (Office Status: 101 Not Activated issue).  Open My Computer located on your desktop.

1) Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\

NOTE:  The application data file may be hidden. Use the Tools drop down menu and follow:  Folder Options->View->Hidden Files and Folders->Show Hidden Files and Folders to show the folder. Please re-hide the files once you have completed all the steps.

2) Right click the data.dat file, then click “Delete.

3) This data.dat file is for Office (not OGA)

4) Once the file has been deleted, open an Office application such as MS Word and “ACTIVATE” it.

5) If product activation was successful try the Office Genuine Advantage (OGA). Please launch the following link and begin the OGA process again: (this is the OGA part; Office Genuine Advantage):  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/Validate.aspx?displaylang=eng

The following Knowledge Base Articles can provide more information for Office Activation issues:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/828958/en-us

How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to activate a 2007 Office product: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919895

I noticed you have a stand alone package of Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007. Visio Pro 2007 is giving you a 101 activation error. This code means the product has not been activated or requires reactivation.  In turn this may be giving you problems for successful activation of MS Office Ultimate.  Stand alone office products usually require separate activation.  First I would try and activate this product then restart the computer after it has been successfully activated. Next please attempt to activate MS Office Ultimate after the other version of Office has been uninstalled.  Should this not work then try to active via the telephone. Activate Office by using the Internet, you can select the “Activate by using the telephone” option.  To activate the product this way, follow these steps:

1) Start any Office program.

2) In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click “Next”

3) Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.

Note:  You are not required to read the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy to continue these steps in Microsoft Office 2007. A link to the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy is provided so that you can read it at any time.

4) In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.

5) Click “Next”.

6) On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Please reference the following KB Article should you have any problems: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us.  Here you will find links for various resolutions which you may encounter.  Also reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851 .  Please re-post here should you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Thank you

Stephen Holm

OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:41 PM

All replies

• I have read through just about every thread here that covers the problem I am having. I have followed all the instructions Stephen has suggested to no avail.

It would be nice if I got at least an acknowledgement. Could the validation failure be due to a setting in my IE7 options?

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 2:21 PM
  • Bill, looks like your Visio is not activated. Smile

Have you checked into your Visio installation?

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:25 PM
  • Good Morning Bill,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing surrounding Microsoft Office Ultimate activation.  There are a few dynamics occurring.  Microsoft does not recommend running multiple versions of Office Suites simultaneously.  It is possible to install and use more than one version on a single computer.  Attached is a Knowledge Base (KB) article describing problems you may encounter and offers advice on preventing different versions of Office from conflicting with each other should you require both Office Suite versions:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290576/en-us.

Please follow the steps to attempt resolving (Office Status: 101 Not Activated issue).  Open My Computer located on your desktop.

1) Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\

NOTE:  The application data file may be hidden. Use the Tools drop down menu and follow:  Folder Options->View->Hidden Files and Folders->Show Hidden Files and Folders to show the folder. Please re-hide the files once you have completed all the steps.

2) Right click the data.dat file, then click “Delete.

3) This data.dat file is for Office (not OGA)

4) Once the file has been deleted, open an Office application such as MS Word and “ACTIVATE” it.

5) If product activation was successful try the Office Genuine Advantage (OGA). Please launch the following link and begin the OGA process again: (this is the OGA part; Office Genuine Advantage):  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/Validate.aspx?displaylang=eng

The following Knowledge Base Articles can provide more information for Office Activation issues:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/828958/en-us

How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to activate a 2007 Office product: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919895

I noticed you have a stand alone package of Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007. Visio Pro 2007 is giving you a 101 activation error. This code means the product has not been activated or requires reactivation.  In turn this may be giving you problems for successful activation of MS Office Ultimate.  Stand alone office products usually require separate activation.  First I would try and activate this product then restart the computer after it has been successfully activated. Next please attempt to activate MS Office Ultimate after the other version of Office has been uninstalled.  Should this not work then try to active via the telephone. Activate Office by using the Internet, you can select the “Activate by using the telephone” option.  To activate the product this way, follow these steps:

1) Start any Office program.

2) In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click “Next”

3) Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.

Note:  You are not required to read the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy to continue these steps in Microsoft Office 2007. A link to the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy is provided so that you can read it at any time.

4) In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.

5) Click “Next”.

6) On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Please reference the following KB Article should you have any problems: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us.  Here you will find links for various resolutions which you may encounter.  Also reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851 .  Please re-post here should you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Thank you

Stephen Holm

OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:41 PM
  • Well, bless your little heart, Phil. That did it. I really appreciate your help. Thanks so much!

The logic of calling software a part of Office but not validating it when the rest of the suite is validated escapes me.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:03 AM
  • Thanks, Stephen. Phil's suggestion worked. I see you also mentioned activating Visio. Thans did the trick. I appreciate your reponse.
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:06 AM