Product Key? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there..

i am having the same problem a lot of people are having it would seem.

My question is.. where is my Product key? I did the diagnostic.. it gave me.. half of the product key.. when i downloaded teh program ye need to find yer product key.. but in order to change it.. i need teh FULL key.. where would i find it in my computer?

I believe its got to be in teh WINDOWS folder.. i just have no idea where. But i want to change the key like"dave" i believe.. says to.. and gives you what you need to change it.. i just dont have the full key.. i have 15 letters.. and some asterix's.

Thanks.

Friday, July 14, 2006 10:57 PM

Answers

• Product Keys can be found on a Certificate of Authenticity (COA). COA examples can be found at www.howtotell.com.

Only the last 15 digits of the product key are allowed to be displayed for privacy concerns on the WGA Diagnostics tool. Since its output is publicly used on the forum, we have to hide some of the bits in order to ensure users do not get their product key stolen online (as many are).

-phil

Friday, July 14, 2006 11:09 PM

All replies

• Product Keys can be found on a Certificate of Authenticity (COA). COA examples can be found at www.howtotell.com.

Only the last 15 digits of the product key are allowed to be displayed for privacy concerns on the WGA Diagnostics tool. Since its output is publicly used on the forum, we have to hide some of the bits in order to ensure users do not get their product key stolen online (as many are).

-phil

Friday, July 14, 2006 11:09 PM
  • See.. that really sucks... its a good thing becuase of stealing but heres my problem now.

I dont have one. It was never given to me. I had My version of XP and windows.. put on my computer the last time it crashed. The man who put it there.. who built this computer and who put XP/Windows on it.. is now no longer with us and his company doesnt exsist anymore.

So I have no idea what to do now.

Friday, July 14, 2006 11:14 PM
  • Keely,

Post the diagnostic report

Saturday, July 15, 2006 4:50 AM