OneCare backup- can I restore what has been backed up if the OneCare subscription has ran out? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have key folders and emails that I've been saving that have disappeared, presumably because OneCare decided I didn't need them, and archived them or something.  Yes, I have checked the auto-archive folders and there is nothing.  No, I'm not an idiot who would delete or misplace a folder.

So, I am searching all over the place to try and find what OneCare did with them.  But in doing so, I wanted to look at what One Care backed up and it says my trial has expired.  So, does that mean I'm Effed in the A-hole?  No possible way to recover what OneCare backed up?

Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:54 PM

Answers

• OneCare does not delete or archive any files. A backup makes *copies* of the files and compresses them into .zip files.

OneCare does *nothing* to emails within your email store - since you mention auto-archive, I assume you are using Outlook, which does archive emails, not files or folders. It sounds to me like your mail store is corrupt, so I'd suggest you see this KB article for how to use the scanpst tool to fix the email store:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/287497

-steve

Friday, November 21, 2008 2:52 AM