MSN vs Google Indexing RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have been given the task of increasing the indexing of all the websites in my organization.

I have been successfull in geeting good results in Google Indexing. Currently google has indexed around 400,000 , but MSN has indexed only 26,000.

I dont understand why? The strange thing is that MSN does pick up the site , but only 2 , 3% max 5% of the total site.

I am using sitemaps , submitting to both google and live , also using the live webmaster tools.

I have exhausted all the options i could think of.

Kindly help.

Saturday, August 9, 2008 7:44 AM

Answers

• Ali,

Could you provide me with your URL and I will take a look? It is possible that it might be index size limitations.

Monday, August 25, 2008 3:56 PM

All replies

• I had immediate success indexing my site with MSN and Google.  I don't have 400,000 pages though.  That's a bunch.  I have had problems with Google picking up old URL's that don't exist.

Data Entry
    Saturday, August 9, 2008 5:48 PM
  • I to am having problems with Live Indexing, Google says its indexed about 1400 of my 2000 pages, but MSN webmaster tools says its indexed 36 ? How can this be?
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 1:40 PM
  • Hi Mark,

That is different.  Usually it's the opposite with MSN picking up links and Google being slow to recognize them.  Sorry, don't know why.

Data Entry Services
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:06 PM
  • Ali,

Could you provide me with your URL and I will take a look? It is possible that it might be index size limitations.

Monday, August 25, 2008 3:56 PM