Converting Email to case RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Every one,

I created a queue and configured a workflow for it to transfer to a case. I followed the following procedure.

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/02/19/e-mail-to-case-lead-using-crm-4-workflow.aspx

They mentioned that I have to do e-mail integration by following this procedure

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/02/07/crm-4-0-e-mail-integration-overview.aspx

The problem is that I am getting some error when I try to test the Email Router connection to the exchange server.

Exchange and CRM are running 2 different servers and there is a trust enabled between CRM and Exchange server. It says that

Incoming Status: Failure - The remote server returned an error: (440) Login Timeout.

Do I need to explicitly set any credentials/securities to the email address under Exchange server for it to be able to talk to the CRM. Please let me know if I need to enable any permissions under exchange server.

Thank you

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 11:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, PrivUserGroup is a security group created in your Active Directory during CRM installation or before, if your administrator did so. According to Implementaion Guide, the Exchange machine should be in the PrivUserGroup.

In regard to errors, please take a look on the machines that host webdav and the back end exchange.

Kind regards,

Kuba

Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The timeout you're receiving may be cause by several problems, from internal server errors (500) to WebDav not being configured. Do you have access to the eventlog on Exchange server?

The email router uses webdav to communicate with Exchange. If you are using Exchange 2007, you may not have WebDav folders installed. The simplest way to check that out, is to go to http://yourserver/exchange. If you are  prompted to enter credentials, webdav is there.

If you could check it first and then come back with your feedback, we may further assist you.

Kind regards,

Kuba

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 1:41 PM
  • Hello Kuba,

Yes, we do have WebDAV on our front end servers....and I think we can have access to event log on the exchange server.

Let us know what we need to verify...

Thank you
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 2:49 PM
  • Hi,

In response to your previous post - if you use Local System as an account to connect to Exchange (in the Email Router Configuration manager), it should work, as local system will be visible to Exchange as the computer account. Of course, provided that you have your computer account in the PrivUserGroup (you should already have it there).

You may also try to authenticate with a specific user that you are sure has access to Exchange.

In regard to the EventLog, are there any errors on the Exchange machine at the time a message comes to the email address? (i.e. Email Router tries to process it)

Kind regards,

Kuba

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 8:58 PM
  • Hi Kuba

In response to your previous post - if you use Local System as an account to connect to Exchange (in the Email Router Configuration manager), it should work, as local system will be visible to Exchange as the computer account. Of course, provided that you have your computer account in the PrivUserGroup (you should already have it there).

You may also try to authenticate with a specific user that you are sure has access to Exchange.

The computer account probably won’t be visible as the Exchange server is on another Active Directory Domain.

Is PrivUserGroup a CRM thing?

In regard to the EventLog, are there any errors on the Exchange machine at the time a message comes to the email address? (i.e. Email Router tries to process it)

Can’t see anything in the logs, but am I meant to be looking at the Front End servers that have webDAV on it or the back end exchanges?

Please let us know...
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 1:58 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, PrivUserGroup is a security group created in your Active Directory during CRM installation or before, if your administrator did so. According to Implementaion Guide, the Exchange machine should be in the PrivUserGroup.

In regard to errors, please take a look on the machines that host webdav and the back end exchange.

Kind regards,

Kuba

Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:11 PM
  •  Kuba Skalbania wrote:

Hi,

Kind regards,

Kuba

Hello Kuba

Yes, we do have PrivUserGroup in CRM Active Directory.

We got 2 active directories. CRM uses one and Exchange uses other. We got PrivUserGroup defined on the CRM Active Directory and we have a trust link between 2 Active Directories.

So next question is what permissions are these grps meant to have over the Exchange. With the trust link in place I should be able to take these groups and place the permissions require… if I can get told all the permissions that is!

Thank you
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:54 PM
  • hello Kuba,

I am still waiting for your reply....

Pls let me know

Thank you
    Friday, October 10, 2008 3:51 PM
  •  

Hi,

The account you use to access Exchange should be able to read/send emails. Generally if the account (your machine) is in the PrivUserGroup, it is sufficient. Check whether you require SSL on your Exchange, because the error may be caused by things other than credentials. What error do you encounter when you test access in the Email Router Configuration Manager:

- "Start" -> All programs -> Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router ->Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router Configuration Manager

- Then, in the Users, Queues and Forward Mailboxes, click "Load data" and once data is loaded "Test access"

Instead of a local system account you may use a domain account that you are sure has access to Exchange server - to test it, just telnet to you Exchange server, port 25.

Please skip the below mentioned steps, if you only want to configure Outgoing profile (for sending emails via Exchange):

- Have you already configured a forward mailbox and deployed the rules? To accomplish that you will also need "administrative" permissions on Exchange for the user who runs the rule deployment wizard (in fact, read/write permissions to the storagte group where the mailboxes of the users are).

- Have you configured the CRM users to receive incoming emails via Email Router?

Let me know whether this helps,

Kuba

Friday, October 10, 2008 4:40 PM