Synctoy 2.0 Beta - "cannot access internal metadata" RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed SyncToy 2.0 Beta on Vista and keep receiving the error message "Synctoy cannot access its internal metadata file in one of the folders being synchronized" after the first (and only) successful copy.   Note that I am *not* running WHS, but do use a Netgear NAS.  

I decided to post here since this is the only mention I could find for this error.  

Any ideas?   Thanks for any help.
    Monday, March 10, 2008 3:13 AM

Answers

• You might want to ping the SyncToy team.  From the SyncToy 2.0 Beta download page.

We've taken great care to ensure that this tool operates as it should, but it is not part of Windows and is not supported by Microsoft Technical Support. For this reason, Microsoft Technical Support is unable to answer questions about SyncToy. To speak to other users and contribute feedback about your experiences with SyncToy, please use the forums.

Monday, March 10, 2008 5:34 PM
  • I checked the link I had but it appears to be broken.  I've sent them an e-mail to request a new link.  If you would like to contact them directly, here is their e-mail address: prophoto@microsoft.com
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:53 PM
  • It is not a product - it is a free "power-toy" - read the EULA prior to installing it to understand the difference. 

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:58 PM

All replies

• You might want to ping the SyncToy team.  From the SyncToy 2.0 Beta download page.

We've taken great care to ensure that this tool operates as it should, but it is not part of Windows and is not supported by Microsoft Technical Support. For this reason, Microsoft Technical Support is unable to answer questions about SyncToy. To speak to other users and contribute feedback about your experiences with SyncToy, please use the forums.

Monday, March 10, 2008 5:34 PM
  • Could someone please point me more specifically to the correct forum?  I’d really appreciate it.   I follow links and end up  back with this thread.

I’m totally confused why Microsoft doesn’t support the SyncToy.  Isn’t SyncToy a Microsoft product?

Further, I’m curious why a general-purpose tool like SyncToy is buried in the Professional Photography forum.   Did the product start as a phtography application of sorts?

Any insight is appreciated.   I like and want to use the product.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:42 PM
  • I checked the link I had but it appears to be broken.  I've sent them an e-mail to request a new link.  If you would like to contact them directly, here is their e-mail address: prophoto@microsoft.com
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:53 PM
  • It is not a product - it is a free "power-toy" - read the EULA prior to installing it to understand the difference. 

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:58 PM