none
Community Bridge: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Com.Forums.Security.NotAuthorizedException' RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to post in an Answers forum, I received this error message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the MS Forums account. Windows Live Mail could not post your message.

Subject 'Re: How do I submit feedback or file a bug for IE9?'
    Server Error: 441
    Server Response: 441 posting failed System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Com.Forums.Security.NotAuthorizedException' was thrown.
    Server: '127.0.0.1'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCCA9
    Protocol: NNTP
    Port: 119
    Secure(SSL): No

There was clearly something illegal in my post. Could this have been trapped by a phishnet:

Who's on first?

If so, is there any way of rendering a hyperlink legal? If not, any other ideas why this message failed?

Noel
    Friday, September 17, 2010 10:40 AM

Answers

• Upps... sorry I was wrong...

Sorry for the confusion....

The bridge supports one-depth multipart messages... only multipart inside multipart is not supported...

Also the error message should be an other (Body must not be empty).

Again: Sorry for the confusion!
    This is NOT a bug from the bridge...

Jochen Kalmbach (MVP VC++)
    Friday, September 17, 2010 5:23 PM
  • That�??s a very bad guess. I was making a jocular alliterative comment on Keith and Steve�??s ping-pong Q&A about IE9 in the IE forum; I don�??t think that would have been moved. All the fun went out of it when Nanny came along and cried Security! Not Authorized!

Why not?   OT posts may be deleted because there is nowhere to move them to.

Here�??s the entire post from my Outbox:

Outbox does not contain an  Archived-At:  header.

However, we can try to make use of the �??Message-ID�?�  in the  References: header...

Which you can see  is now Locked.  Just as good as being moved.   QED.   ; )

Robert
    ---
    • Marked as answer by iFiredogMVP Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:45 PM
    Friday, September 17, 2010 11:06 PM

All replies

• > If so, is there any way of rendering a hyperlink legal? If not, any other ideas why this message failed?

Use the   Archived-At:  header in the message you are replying to to give some context to your symptom.   My guess is that the message you are replying to was moved to a different forum and your reply arrived too late to be moved with it.

Friday, September 17, 2010 2:19 PM
  • Use the   Archived-At:  header in the message you are replying to to give some context to your symptom.   My guess is that the message you are replying to was moved to a different forum and your reply arrived too late to be moved with it.
    That�??s a very bad guess. I was making a jocular alliterative comment on Keith and Steve�??s ping-pong Q&A about IE9 in the IE forum; I don�??t think that would have been moved. All the fun went out of it when Nanny came along and cried Security! Not Authorized!

Newsgroups: Answers.en-US.InternetExplorer
    References: <b1e345d1-91f4-40b5-916d-14b4ac8e8b49@communitybridge.codeplex.com> <c1531cc9-c2b8-4e6c-92a3-58dea3ce0198@communitybridge.codeplex.com>
    In-Reply-To: <c1531cc9-c2b8-4e6c-92a3-58dea3ce0198@communitybridge.codeplex.com>
    Subject: Re: How do I submit feedback or file a bug for IE9?
    Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 00:05:11 +0100
    Lines: 2
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_010C_01CB5532.D4C9ECC0"
    X-Priority: 3
    X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    Importance: Normal
    X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Live Mail 15.4.3002.810
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V15.4.3002.810

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_010C_01CB5532.D4C9ECC0
    Content-Type: text/plain;
        charset="utf-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Can you two do Who's on first?

------=_NextPart_000_010C_01CB5532.D4C9ECC0
    Content-Type: text/html;
        charset="utf-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <DIV dir=3Dltr>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial Unicode MS'; COLOR: #000000; =
    FONT-SIZE: 10pt">
    <DIV>Can you two do <A =
    on first?</A></DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_010C_01CB5532.D4C9ECC0--

Noel
    Friday, September 17, 2010 4:24 PM
  • Upps..... this seems to be a bug in the bridge!

You must disable te multipart-postings... this is currently not supported... Are you using WLM?

Friday, September 17, 2010 4:49 PM
  •    Upps..... this seems to be a bug in the bridge!
       You must disable te multipart-postings... this is currently not  supported... Are you using WLM?

<quote>
    X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Live Mail 15.4.3002.810
    </quote>
    ;)

Noel
    Friday, September 17, 2010 5:15 PM
  • Upps... sorry I was wrong...

Sorry for the confusion....

The bridge supports one-depth multipart messages... only multipart inside multipart is not supported...

Also the error message should be an other (Body must not be empty).

Again: Sorry for the confusion!
    This is NOT a bug from the bridge...

Friday, September 17, 2010 5:23 PM
  • Hi all-

You can post issue with Answers issues in the feedback forum:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/answersfeedback/threads

Thanks,

Barbara

Barb Winter
    Microsoft Answers Program Manager
    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If you get your question answered, please come back and mark the reply as an answer so others can find it.

If you get helped by an answer to someone else's question, please mark the post as Helpful.

Friday, September 17, 2010 7:03 PM
  • That�??s a very bad guess. I was making a jocular alliterative comment on Keith and Steve�??s ping-pong Q&A about IE9 in the IE forum; I don�??t think that would have been moved. All the fun went out of it when Nanny came along and cried Security! Not Authorized!

Why not?   OT posts may be deleted because there is nowhere to move them to.

Outbox does not contain an  Archived-At:  header.

However, we can try to make use of the �??Message-ID�?�  in the  References: header...

Which you can see  is now Locked.  Just as good as being moved.   QED.   ; )

Robert
    ---
    • Marked as answer by iFiredogMVP Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:45 PM
    Friday, September 17, 2010 11:06 PM
  • [Wipes yellow stuff off chin]

You're right, of course. They were very quick to lock the thread, and I can't actually see why they should. One can imagine all sorts of deadly serious comments to some of the answers. I take comfort in the misuse of the word 'Security' in the error description; 'NotAuthorized' by itself would have given me a clearer clue, but 'Security threw me off the track completely.

Apologies all round, especially for being rude to Rob and causing Jochen unwarranted headaches. To Barb, I'd just say that I only posted here after Jochen had suggested that this was a bug somewhere.

Noel
    Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:54 PM