SIP Domains RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have two Ericsson PBX's(MD110) at two different locations.  Both PBX's have gateways(LCS gateway) on them receiving SIP traffic that enables Remote Call Control.

Currently I have one SIP domain, however I need to SIP traffic from users at Location A to gateway A and SIP traffic from users at Location B to gateway B.

I am currently forwarding traffic to only one location, location A.

Under the front end properties for OCS

(Specify static routes for outbound connections)

using the setting  SIP.*@<mydomain> -> Next hop (Gateway A)

however, i need some way of distinguishing users from A and B to forward traffic to the the approprate gateway

One solution (previously implemented) is to create two SIP domains,

So users would have a SIP identifer of firstname.lastname@GatewayA.<mydomain>

or firstname.lastname@GatewayB.<mydomain>

and the filters would be

SIP.*@GatewayA.<mydomain> -> Next hop (Gateway A)

SIP.*@GatewayB.<mydomain> -> Next hop (Gateway B)

Creating two SIP domains just for routing traffic to user SIP traffic to gateways seems like a bit of a work around.  If a user at Location A moved to Location B, they would have to change their SIP address so that traffic is routed the most effective way (not exactly a very unified, roaming type of implementation).

Much appreciated if anyone could offer advice or previous experience with setting up an OCS solution that has multiple PBX's at different locations.

Saturday, December 8, 2007 6:27 AM

Answers

• You can control this with the Server URI field on the user when you enable them for RCC.  You would configure the URI differently for users in each location (gatewayA.domain.com for example) and then rely on the routing you configure to send the traffic to the right RCC gateway.

Monday, December 10, 2007 3:52 PM

All replies

• You can control this with the Server URI field on the user when you enable them for RCC.  You would configure the URI differently for users in each location (gatewayA.domain.com for example) and then rely on the routing you configure to send the traffic to the right RCC gateway.

Monday, December 10, 2007 3:52 PM
  •  

Cheers mate,
    Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:41 AM