Problem found on your computer!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a message that says a problem was found on my computer that is affecting either my security or performanence and that I am to click the FIX box to fix the problem.  When I do this a new window comes up, but nothing is in this box and I cannot click on anything else to fix this problem.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:19 AM

Answers

• See this thread for a possible solution: http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3874766&SiteID=2   

We’re still trying to pin this one down. I have attempted to describe this scenario based on a review of all of the reports we’ve had about this problem. I would very much appreciate any feedback you could provide about the accuracy of my description or the effectiveness of the solutions that we’re recommending for this issue. Thanks,

GreginMich

Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:06 PM

All replies

• See this thread for a possible solution: http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3874766&SiteID=2   

We’re still trying to pin this one down. I have attempted to describe this scenario based on a review of all of the reports we’ve had about this problem. I would very much appreciate any feedback you could provide about the accuracy of my description or the effectiveness of the solutions that we’re recommending for this issue. Thanks,

GreginMich

Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:06 PM
  • lady1956,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare program forums.

To better understand what going on please provide support logs. To get support logs please follow the following instructions

1.  Open OneCare

2. Click on Change Settings

3. It will open a window "Windows LiveOne Care Settings"

4. Click on the Last tab labelled as "Logging"

5. Click on "Create support Log" button

6. It will create the support log file in form of HTML and display it in Web Browser like IE

7. 8. Can you send that information through email at oc-forums@live.com

Thank you,

Lori MS

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 9:39 PM
  • Since this issue has nothing to do with malware or firewall problems, a support log will assuredly net you nothing, If you read the referenced thread, you’ll see that an html page containing a script is being called and is failing to load. Most likely the problem involves restrictions or script blocking. I have indicated how to reproduce the situation, and the problem should be further analyzed by manipulating the restrictions and permissions on the test machine.

GreginMich

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:45 PM